Search
Search in forums:

Take a beginner :)

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

23:15 - March 8, 2011

Posts 20

Message edited 23:18 - March 8, 2011 by Be single wolf

There is nothing to boast of, waiting cherished parcel from the U.S. :) Pre toad strangling, ordered 27Z Armor Brushed Sterling Silver. It will be my first original Zippo. Why her? I like the silver - precious metal, gold a little too pretentious, and too expensive for me :) And Armor instills a sense of weight, strength and reliability of the product.

In general, as soon as I get a report with photos.

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

0:06 - 9 March 2011

246 posts

And how much does it cost if you order in the states? If I may ask?

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

1:04 - 9 March 2011

Posts 20

hohol734 writes:

And how much does it cost if you order in the states? If I may ask?

$ 199.95 + $ 40 (shipping USPS Express Mail International). Total: $ 239.95

Bought on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Zippo- ..... 2c50e11c31

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

18:58 - 19 March 2011

Posts 20

Message edited 19:33 - March 19, 2011 by Be single wolf

So, three days ago I received a welcome Zippo. Thing! Now I want to share first impressions and do a little obzorchik eyes beginner. Before that I had only kEtayskie crafts. Original KEtaya different as day and night.

Lighter I really liked. It has a certain charisma, which belongs to the original Zippo lighters. Plastic gas lighter - it's prose, and Zippo - this is poetry!

My lighter has the stamp of Armor, but the big difference in the thickness of the walls compared to standard Zippo I've seen in the store, I noticed. Wick lighter somehow my long flaring up. That is, 1 - 2 seconds. lit a small flame, which then flares up high "pillar" of the flame. This is all true or just me? Despite the flame does not go out in the wind. And if the past with cricket I had to stop and turn around in all directions, hiding from the wind to light, now I'm on the go I light a cigarette, just having covered hand, if the wind is strong.

Then some pictures. Photos are so-so. I'm not a photographer, and the camera is not very good. Also in the photo a little lighter zalapannaya.

Zatara little :)

My main hobby - small arms. So I could not resist and sfotal here such all-American still life :)

buma - Expert

20:41 - 19 March 2011

181 posts

great choice! a flame, do not worry, the wick podkoptit and everything will fall into place.

Xrust - Member

23:21 - 19 March 2011

51 posts

May ask a stupid question, but why is it so expensive? Silver now because of this? Zippo 1941 replica which is not similar Svidén ebee $ 20 maximum, I understand that the material is different. But the fact is that this silver? Precious metal for real? Why?

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

23:32 - 19 March 2011

391 posts

Because silver is, of course, why else.

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

0:08 - 20 March 2011

Posts 20

Message edited 0:09 - March 20, 2011 by Be single wolf

By the way, I forgot to say. She insert is not covered with silver, like chrome. This is the way it should be? I just said that the silver Zippo insert silverplated, while gold plated.

The case is completely silver, even a loop :)

PS: I want to try any tricks to do with a cigarette lighter, but it somehow sorry. Probably have to buy another, easier XD

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

0:36 - 20 March 2011

Posts 20

oniks1 writes:

Inserts on all lighters steel! No silver and chrome plating. And all steel loop! A simple magnet will tell you everything. And if you "stunt" with her, then quickly tear off the loop and throw $ 200 ... so even after the renovation, it is such as now will not ...

Well what a steel insert that is understandable. But the gold gilt it, so I thought that silver should be anologii with gold. A loop of the magnet and not by the color of the silver!

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

14:32 - 20 March 2011

Posts 20

I do not understand ... The loop is not the magnet. And on the pictures insert vyshey gold color. What is this cover? Before that, you claimed that all Zippo insert steel without coating!

ForZe - Member

17:35 - 20 March 2011

93 posts

Message edited 17:40 - March 20, 2011 by ForZe

Be single wolf says:

I do not understand ... The loop is not the magnet. And on the pictures insert vyshey gold color. What is this cover? Before that, you claimed that all Zippo insert steel without coating!

People, remove the parking brake. The definition of "gold" and "silver" to the insert, it is only a slang definition of the color inserts, as their is two (or gold and silver). Silver insert so-called same chrome or steel. Gold may call dyeing, copper plating, yellow, etc. All these definitions are only for clarification of different color inserts, and not about their alloy composition. Clear pepper that all inserts, steel, and coatings make them lighter for different models to match stupid design. Would look silly chrome insert in the golden lighter, right? Or conversely, gold insert in chrome lighter ...

The materials used in the Zippo, this brass (body) and stainless steel (insert). And all that on top of them is, it's either paint or galvanizing (and rarely pure brass uncoated).

ZY With this logic, as you can and original Zippo flints golden call ... Do not forget the saying "All is not gold that glitters," and remember that in the world of metals and alloys have a bunch of metal similar in appearance and sometimes even in some respects.

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

19:35 - 20 March 2011

Posts 20

So to solve this.

And why am I not loop magnet?

ForZe - Member

19:38 - 20 March 2011

93 posts

Message edited 20:11 - March 20, 2011 by ForZe

Well, it is logical to assume that is made of non-magnetic metal ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:16 - 21 March 2011

1860 posts

Be single wolf says:

So to solve this.

And why am I not loop magnet?

Wolf, you may be surprised, but a brass Zippo and (obviously not silver) loop is also not a magnet)) But the fact that the loop is not made of silver for sure, I've recently wrote that purely by chance their oxidized silver replica to a state of "purple black "And so the loop shone like" cats pride ";)

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

22:13 - 23 March 2011

Posts 20

6 days ischirkal all kremenXD refueled four times. The wick is charred and covered with flint chips. The flame was ignited by a small and not the first time. Cleaned the wick with tweezers and a little to one side otognul cover. Was better, but not like before. Zagadoshnaya zazhigalkaXD

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

22:32 - 23 March 2011

Posts 20

oniks1 writes:

Carried away even small arms, I wonder how you're still all around not to shoot if a simple cigarette lighter out of the hands will not let ... :)))

I also shoot a lot, but Misha :)

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

13:08 - 26 March 2011

Posts 20

Ordered a Brushed Chrome, not to kill this jig :)

ForZe - Member

13:34 - 26 March 2011

93 posts

I too think to buy another 2 jig. A satin chrome, and the second probably what some armor.

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

15:41 - 27 March 2011

Posts 20

Shifted the wick in your Zippo. When pulled wool, found that the fuse was crumpled in a heap, and pinned to the wall at the top of inserts. Also in my annealing is clearly not enough for a piece of cotton sleeve. There was just a void (void volume).

Vata inserts seemed to me an unusual. She's not as medical from the pharmacy.

Wick had a length of 9 cm

Vata insert was very tightly packed. I shoved it back I have always been an "extra" piece. In the end, I divided it into two parts, one part hard-packed top and put another of the pocket, where there was a void.

Wick razlohmatilsya top of all these manipulations and was trimmed by about 4 mm.

In general, the quality of laying me a little upset. Made a conclusion that I will move all at once after buying a new lighter.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

17:59 - 27 March 2011

1860 posts

Believe me this is not the worst problem with a piece of iron))) And the fact that most lay cotton wick and according to their own ideas, "as it is necessary" to have a certain charm)))

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

22:58 - 31 March 2011

Posts 20

Damn, little popolzovalsya, second flint is not over yet, and already zazhikalka all dirty. Flint grit, grime, oil residues and other evil settled thickly. Need to be cleaned?

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:30 - 31 March 2011

1860 posts

Do not, if ignited and spravno, do not disturb the unit work))

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

18:53 - April 2, 2011

Posts 20

Today I received Brushed chrome. Open the cover extends insert: (

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

22:05 - April 2, 2011

1860 posts

Unclench insert pliers and all. Thin on the inside, then no trace will remain satisfied and the elephant in the poppy fields ;)

Be single wolf - Member

Russia, Nizhny Novgorod

22:23 - April 2, 2011

Posts 20

Message edited 22:25 - April 2, 2011 by Be single wolf

Gorynych5 writes:

Unclench insert pliers and all. Thin on the inside, then no trace will remain satisfied and the elephant in the poppy fields ;)

Hmm, but it's the thought, thanks. Later I will do, when gasoline is over, and that in fact it is necessary to take out wool.

Damn, so she started playing, he had dropped on the floor and bent cap (I do tricks, but as they say, let the fool glass ... I mean, it came out like that joke about the Russian, who is one steel ball broke, another lost. An hour tinkering , bent loops in every one did, only now hinges Kotzk of diagonal cutters (hinges are made of very soft metal.

Still, not in vain, I bought a jig for tricks easier, sterling silver would be a pity.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

5 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2826 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))