This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Interesting gas lighter USSR

pavel-sm - Member

10:36 - 29 November 2009

Posts 16

I went to a gas lighter manufacture of the USSR in 1979. Got the "inheritance" from his father, when he gave up smoking. It was presented to him at a festival in 1979. Was in a beautiful box of white plastic with a translucent dark red cap. In the box lay itself lighter and two gas cylinder. Box father unfortunately not retained because he always carried a cigarette lighter in your pocket ... The design is interesting in that opening rychazka scroll wheel, sparks, while the gas valve is opened. NOT covered in skin, as it seems at first (although it is thought to pull a life). Here it is:

Under one bolt is a tube with a flint, under another - the valve for refueling.

Interested in your opinions!

PS. one problem with it - the lights are not on the first try. That is, if a long press (eg overnight), then zazhgetsya only once in the third and fourth. If you put out the light zrazy as - with the first one. The impression is that for the first ignition enough gas coming out. And quite abruptly need to open, so she lit - a spark is not that weak, it just does not reach the place where the gas comes out. Flints put the usual crickets, the cheapest.

kypexin - Administrator

14:05 - 29 November 2009

1670 posts

Simaptichnaya very interesting and lighter design course :) stolen from western counterparts, I can not say right now what kind of a brand, but it is clearly not SSSRovsky :) I think a lighter in the USSR could not afford not everyone, and it was even in his kind of "status" thing :)

And what were those balloons? Type as in the siphon, for a single refueling?

Golden-Joker - Maniac

14:56 - 29 November 2009

856 posts

By the way just a minute ago, the auction ends at exactly the same lighter :) ..... http://molotok.ru/item83213305 skaya.html

pavel-sm - Member

19:47 - 29 November 2009

Posts 16

Yes, the lighter should not be cheap, as my father was then the director of a large commercial poultry farm, and he just gave a cheap thing. It is a pity that the case has not been preserved in it and she had a passport, and instructions for use and charging, in my opinion there the price was listed somewhere around $ 100 ... one of the tanks is still lying in the closet - if I can find, post pictures . recalled an occasion on which it was given - this year my brother was born!

So while I think, as a return to her performance to light the first time. Although, he is a gas gas ... But old age and the valve can become clogged, the lighter 30 years! If anyone has experience of these bulkheads lighters - please share!

kypexin - Administrator

19:57 - 29 November 2009

1670 posts

Basically, gas lighters "bulkhead" can not be - they have a sealed tank of gas and the maximum that can happen - it lost leak valve (design can be different, if there is rubber - it can dry rot, etc.). The easiest way of course just try to fill it and see how it holds gas. Again, nothing bad will happen if it is cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaner, so I use it for cleaning benzinok - at least all of the external contamination, including the valves, it will remove easily. If you are in Moscow, I can help.

pavel-sm - Member

13:49 - December 4, 2009

Posts 16

Good day! I'm in Kiroskoy area, but still, thanks for the suggestion! Noticed if ignition tilt it so that the gas coming out closer to the wheel, well-lit. Just a little gasoline vapor is heavier than gas, and I think it is in this mystery. and clean it a must, there's a thick layer of soot and dirt (and where he would take it, if not burning petrol and gas? ..). Lighter take pride of place in his jacket pocket as a spare for my Zippe, if one out of gas.

sspas - New member

17:54 - December 6, 2009

Posts 4

Hello! Sometimes it helps to replace the gas. Gas as well as petrol is different. You write: "the spark is not that weak, it just does not reach the place where the gas comes out." Try replacing the flint and clean it in any case does not hurt, especially strike sharply mechanism.

Hartman - Guest

13:46 - 24 March 2010

Funny Soviet clone "poluodnorazovyzh" lighter 60. Here is one of the prototypes (like it was at least a dozen, including Imco): http://cgi.ebay.com/Stylish-Br ..... 2c510656dc

The point is that the original "eat" plastic disposable cartridges, neperezapravlyaemymi, with a one-off valve on the valve design similar to Evans (and equally shitty). What is inscrutable Soviet ways, it was decided to clone this thing, of course, a constant reservoir and a valve for refueling.

There's the thing.

Pressure valve is locked clamp top lid. Surprisingly, he did not soured death (had). If it is collapsible - it must be disassembled otkvasit in gasoline and clean - a Soviet gas was very Soviet, where the heavy fractions were enough to beat the same with a couple of gas stations Ronson. The valve stem is sticking up, and the other end with a rubber heel plugs in the closed position, the hole through which expires gas. The rod can be spring-loaded bottom or if the burner design pinched one to one - just sympathetic lifted gas. If there is accumulated wax and other grappling - the rod goes tighter than intended and does not always rise at once, why not always and ignited.

Gently try to disassemble, wash - I think it will help.

Ivan - Guest

16:36 - August 5, 2010

Wonderful Lighter! It is a pity that such is no longer available, and that these Ronson and Pierre-Card (Chinese) I already look disgusting.

yezh - Member

13:11 - 28 September 2010

68 posts

This lighter "Spark". In my opinion the most successful of the Soviet gas lighters. Produced until perestroika. I served in 1987. and this is not found. And before it was sold in any department store and cost 9 (!) Soviet rubles. I had these two. One lost before the service, and the second was stolen when he served. I saw her here, such nostalgia swept over ... And the fact that ignites, it's just the valve is clogged. I used it to disassemble and assemble, but it was so long ago that I do not remember how it then but it would necessarily suggested. Oops it is a kick-ass thing. In our time, is a rarity.

Unnit - Member

10:46 - 26 March 2012

142 posts

Support the theme, I have a couple of lighters bad to say nothing. Still work fine, the valve is not being bullied. But different stamps on the bottom, so there were a few manufacturers.

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

11:05 - 26 March 2012

479 posts

I had one, exactly the same, only the brown color of the case, and now I do not know where she is, even when my father was alive to use it, then it disappeared. At the moment, there was only a small box.

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

19:45 - 26 March 2012

246 posts

In the year that way in 1987 bought the same lighter in Georgia, where he lived then. She stood in the gift department of the store, and it cost exactly 10 Soviet rubles! And the same title flame, price and name I remember very well, because it was the first serious jig, bought on their own saved money! Worked perfectly and very long! Later in Ukraine vstrechl tauyu, only called Vatra, that principle in Russian and got spunk! Gigue was canceled and the price for that time, too, is not small! There's an interesting design filling valve, a strong spring loaded rubber seal is spring loaded to a simple steel ball! Avypusknoy valve can be unscrewed okuratno \. disassembled and cleaned, there is also no big deal! By the way my body jig was made of translucent plastic and could clearly see the level of filling gas, which was also great!

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

1 Guest

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2397 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))