This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

What smell must have the original Zippo petrol

Alex - Guest

12:36 - 11 December 2010

Message edited 12:40 - December 11, 2010 user Alex

Hello! Today I bought a large kanistrochku Zippo gasoline.

What is confusing is that the smell is not the same as in the fact that in the canister 125 ml and a large canister behind no inscriptions in Russian ... smells of whether menthol, or mint ... but the lights on the fleece is good, not pouring lighter ...

faust - Maniac

Moscow

23:16 - 11 December 2010

674 posts

Well, so fill in the lighter. with a cotton swab is inconvenient to go :)))

Alex - Guest

3:04 - December 12, 2010

Bought in a department where the lighters are sold for 550 rubles.

ForZe - Member

18:10 - 13 December 2010

Posts 93

Message edited 18:12 - December 13, 2010 user ForZe

I feel now I stammer fans Zippo, but all the same I would venture to put in my 5 cents.

In time I have been practicing various tricks with petrol lighter. Zippo naturally nebilo (and still have not yet, that's just going to take), but it was pretty good for the quality of performance of STAR-1, bought in transition for the 120r. specifically for the practice of tricks.

Naturally, the original petrol would be too bold to pour to his stupid tricks to burn, so I was looking for cheaper substitutes. The criteria were: slow evaporation, no smoke when burned and maximum cheapness. And I want to say that the analog was found in a local store household goods.

Namely this:

By the way, I have tried different types of goryuchku. Shoe gasoline, diesel Galosha (Yes, Shoe and Galosha, though, and in tune, but it's 2 different fuel from different producers), motor gasoline AI-95 and AI-98. Even kerosene tried. But all the same the best himself showed that in the photo.

Jar of 0.5 liters, costs just 55p. Thus, for comparison, I took a 20 cc petrol Zippo present from a friend.

Tests conducted on the lighter STAR-1. Since, by design, it does not differ from the Zippo (All the same, the idea of ​​cotton wick and nothing striking difference can not on principle), and the quality of workmanship is very good (cassettes glued very tight sleeve for flint of a thick-walled tubes, cassettes included in the body tight, but at the same time and pull it out is easy), I decided that the test would be valid even Zippo.

Prior to changing goryuchku, I conducted a complete replacement of cotton wick and new ones (for a more reliable test). Even the new flint put to the power of the spark was the same at the beginning and end of the test.

And what kind of results I surprisingly received:

1) Time of lighters, provided daily use of 20-25 times a day (Booster), until dry, was as follows:

15 days - the original petrol

14 days - degreaser

2) The burning. Watched with which attempts to ignite lighter with different means. Differences obnaruzhenno nebilo. Both tools are lit on the first try without detonation fumes, slow buildup, with corruptible things, or other side effects.

3) The quality of combustion. In this test were: equality of force (greatness) flame side sounds, flashes, etc. Differences in the original gasoline and simple degreaser not found.

4) The smell and fumes. The original gasoline and degreaser smell differently, but both were pretty weak odor. Well, unless of course the lighter stick in the nose, it is natural to feel, but at a distance of the length of a cigarette (as in podkurivanii), the smell of both samples felt very weak.

5) The side effet. Here xs. Lighter worked on both types of goryuchku the same way. How does obezzhtrivatel on metal or splicer seam of epoxy resins can be determined only after a couple of years and it is not certain what the difference is.

Well, here's a test I had. I still have a STAR-1 refuel it with a degreaser, so how can he touch and smell is different from the original petrol Zippo, but all the same force they smell identical, they burn the same and miss them on the same amount of time. 1 day difference I would not consider accurate indicator because depends on many different factors. Maybe on a degreaser lit during the test on more than a couple of cigarettes, it may at some of the days the wind was stronger. But anyway, I believe that, in principle, this change (at least for me) very worthy.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

0:48 - December 14, 2010

674 posts

yes, especially as a worthy experiment, detailed enough. and we are still young vaytspiritom refueled - works, but whiff stronger. or even jet fuel used.

ForZe - Member

9:37 - December 14, 2010

Posts 93

Pour white spirit I decided not to because afraid of epoxy. All the same, it is corrosive. So as not proboal alcohol, acetone and other substances that are quite well, far removed from gasoline. Degreaser in the test is basically the same type of that of gasoline. The smell of something like galoshes, but the smell is much weaker and less sharp gasoline shade.

slay - Expert

14:31 - 14 December 2010

458 posts

alcohol will not work at all) it will burn a small, medium blue flames, but disappears terribly fast, so that the procedure simply fill) But then poured gasoline over at me personally burned badly and had to be replaced wool)

Alex - Guest

14:32 - 14 December 2010

ForZe writes:

I feel now I stammer fans Zippo, but all the same I would venture to put in my 5 cents.

In time I have been practicing various tricks with petrol lighter. Zippo naturally nebilo (and still have not yet, that's just going to take), but it was pretty good for the quality of performance of STAR-1, bought in transition for the 120r. specifically for the practice of tricks.

Naturally, the original petrol would be too bold to pour to his stupid tricks to burn, so I was looking for cheaper substitutes. The criteria were: slow evaporation, no smoke when burned and maximum cheapness. And I want to say that the analog was found in a local store household goods.

Namely this:

By the way, I have tried different types of goryuchku. Shoe gasoline, diesel Galosha (Yes, Shoe and Galosha, though, and in tune, but it's 2 different fuel from different producers), motor gasoline AI-95 and AI-98. Even kerosene tried. But all the same the best himself showed that in the photo.

Jar of 0.5 liters, costs just 55p. Thus, for comparison, I took a 20 cc petrol Zippo present from a friend.

Tests conducted on the lighter STAR-1. Since, by design, it does not differ from the Zippo (All the same, the idea of ​​cotton wick and nothing striking difference can not on principle), and the quality of workmanship is very good (cassettes glued very tight sleeve for flint of a thick-walled tubes, cassettes included in the body tight, but at the same time and pull it out is easy), I decided that the test would be valid even Zippo.

Prior to changing goryuchku, I conducted a complete replacement of cotton wick and new ones (for a more reliable test). Even the new flint put to the power of the spark was the same at the beginning and end of the test.

And what kind of results I surprisingly received:

1) Time of lighters, provided daily use of 20-25 times a day (Booster), until dry, was as follows:

15 days - the original petrol

14 days - degreaser

2) The burning. Watched with which attempts to ignite lighter with different means. Differences obnaruzhenno nebilo. Both tools are lit on the first try without detonation fumes, slow buildup, with corruptible things, or other side effects.

3) The quality of combustion. In this test were: equality of force (greatness) flame side sounds, flashes, etc. Differences in the original gasoline and simple degreaser not found.

4) The smell and fumes. The original gasoline and degreaser smell differently, but both were pretty weak odor. Well, unless of course the lighter stick in the nose, it is natural to feel, but at a distance of the length of a cigarette (as in podkurivanii), the smell of both samples felt very weak.

5) The side effet. Here xs. Lighter worked on both types of goryuchku the same way. How does obezzhtrivatel on metal or splicer seam of epoxy resins can be determined only after a couple of years and it is not certain what the difference is.

Well, here's a test I had. I still have a STAR-1 refuel it with a degreaser, so how can he touch and smell is different from the original petrol Zippo, but all the same force they smell identical, they burn the same and miss them on the same amount of time. 1 day difference I would not consider accurate indicator because depends on many different factors. Maybe on a degreaser lit during the test on more than a couple of cigarettes, it may at some of the days the wind was stronger. But anyway, I believe that, in principle, this change (at least for me) very worthy.

Kartinaka not loaded, please write that in the degreaser and where For sale)

ForZe - Member

16:24 - 14 December 2010

Posts 93

"Multipurpose degreaser." Production of the company "top." Sold in any store household goods or construction, as designed for cleaning surfaces prior to gluing or painting.

That's Web site:

http://www.nefras.ru/obez.htm

But gasoline "Galosha" from those of the same manufacturer, which is not worth buying:

http://www.nefras.ru/benz.htm

By the way, just noticed that on the site, degreaser does not apply to petroleum products (unlike the gasoline it in a different category). May also like synthetic gasoline Zippo? Then it explains their very similar properties.

slay - Expert

20:42 - 14 December 2010

458 posts

ForZe writes:

... Basically this change (at least for me) very worthy.

well still 0.5 liters for 55 pe with similar properties is a godsend. Budget versiyatak say)

should also look for a similar fluid in his home town

ForZe - Member

21:47 - 14 December 2010

Posts 93

Look. It will be interesting to know the opinion and others. And then I compared was only 20 mg of the original gasoline Zippo. You have a little more experience with this benzo, I think you would be the difference can be clearly seen.

slay - Expert

23:44 - 14 December 2010

458 posts

in fact experience with gasoline Zippo I 0) pour New port. But he is very good quality, so it can be compared)

slay - Expert

23:46 - 14 December 2010

458 posts

in fact experience with gasoline Zippo I 0) pour New port. But he is very good quality, so it can be compared)

slay - Expert

23:48 - 14 December 2010

458 posts

faust - Maniac

Moscow

0:25 - December 15, 2010

674 posts

Well, of course abruptly zippovsky gasoline Newport ronsonola and Royale.

ForZe - Member

0:42 - December 15, 2010

Posts 93

And the difference between petrol Zippo from Newport for example? Well differences specialized gasoline lighter and industrial gasoline understandable ... But different than gasoline gasoline lighter differ from each other?

faust - Maniac

Moscow

14:05 - 15 December 2010

674 posts

zippovsky sama nevonyuchy of all. wick away too slowly turning black. yes, and it burns better.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

14:07 - 15 December 2010

674 posts

zippovsky sama nevonyuchy of all. wick away too slowly turning black. yes, and it burns better.

ForZe - Member

16:32 - 15 December 2010

Posts 93

And in terms of working on one tank is different than anything? On longer whether or not it enough?

Here I think fork out even on the original gasoline. True four-something in Krasnodar he wildly expensive. 125ml is 350r. But if the bottle will miss at least 3-4 months, then why not.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

18:33 - 15 December 2010

674 posts

maturity about the same. I just do not smoke, so I can not calculate how much is enough about the cylinder. I sometimes two weeks can fly, it's when I start to turn the Zippo. plus winter - often pour hot water bottle. and sometimes half a years worth of the bank.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

18:39 - 15 December 2010

674 posts

plaque-fly. here's the top message was loaded 5 minutes, and then just hung. Site shorter buggy.

anttir - Member

18:59 - 15 December 2010

Posts 107

faust wrote:

plaque-fly. here's the top message was loaded 5 minutes, and then just hung. Site shorter buggy.

Longest open this theme about the smell, most likely due to the cast photo from butylkami.Iznachalno photo was apparently now hangs-Mulk * strength .... exceeded .... etc *. Was after this and was tormozyukat I zametil.Ostalnye page and themes now, after twisting approx.

anttir - Member

19:09 - 15 December 2010

Posts 107

Apparently the heavy smell of degreaser * Universal * :)))

botas - Expert

4:08 - December 18, 2010

530 posts

Message Edit 4:15 - December 18, 2010 user botas

ÐÐ »ÐμÐ º ÑÐμÐ ¹ writes:

Message edited 12:40 - December 11, 2010 user Alex

Hello! Today I bought a large kanistrochku Zippo gasoline.

What is confusing is that the smell is not the same as in the fact that in the canister 125 ml and a large canister behind no inscriptions in Russian ... smells of whether menthol, or mint ... but the lights on the fleece is good, not pouring lighter ...

The smell of mint in Zippo gasoline - that's fine. Prior to the 2008 crisis Zippobenz and groin.

Of course, if you bought a canister in a tested, the right store, where the supply of gasoline coming from Korolusa.

Do not practice only hney fill type in Zippo shit like "galoshes" and degreasing agent, health is more important.

anttir - Member

16:41 - 18 December 2010

Posts 107

Message edited 16:52 - December 18, 2010 user anttir

No offense, dear, but original.zippo gasoline NEVER smelled mint or violets, no crisis, no great depression 30 h.Eto all red propaganda, and do not read Soviet newspapers in the morning :))
And fill in all hnyu zipu is you absolutely and categorically wrong, agree ...

starshina - New member

1:07 - February 16, 2011

Posts 4

Hello everyone.

Today decided to become an owner of a gasoline jig.

With no experience, and given the price - bought in a place like that you can trust - at the mall, four-sided spinning such a stand.

Half-day forum wool - was lighter script))).

But here's gasoline - Black 125 ml kanistrochka zippo - in doubt. Although there bought the same.

Specifically odor.

Reminiscent of a mixture of kerosene and dichlorvos.

Burning smooth, correct.

Is this normal?

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

3:26 - February 16, 2011

391 posts

Normally, about the way he smells.

starshina - New member

3:36 - February 16, 2011

Posts 4

Me as a driver with the experience it seemed strange))))))

Thank you.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

9:51 - February 16, 2011

674 posts

Message Edit 9:53 - February 16, 2011 by faust

starshina writes:

Me as a driver with the experience it seemed strange))))))

Thank you.

zippovskogo for petrol you do not have to be a driver, a pilot at a minimum.

Hartman - Expert

11:07 - 16 February 2011

Posts 199

From this theme my insanity accordion gives to the surface, "Little Izzy record shows parents in the school diary:" Your Izzy smells bad. Izya need to wash ". Parents react - and in the morning at school Izzy pleases teacher answer parents' Izya do not sniff! Izya need to learn! "

So with gasoline as well as that ... :)

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

8 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3277 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))