To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

The question of authenticity

Vladimir - Guest

13:51 - 10 May 2011

Message edited 14:30 - May 10, 2011 by Vladimir

Good day!

Bought here Zippo Armor 169. But doubts crept in here ... 1) there are traces of the stamp processing in the form of bands, indicated by arrows photo. 2) The loop in my opinion is uneven, a large gap at the bottom. 3) The traces of sealant to insert. Is it permissible for a genuine Zippo? And then the thought creeps already, and not fake it ...

Thank you in advance for your reply. And of course congratulations to all on past holidays!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:03 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Unfortunately your pictures for some reason can not see. Traces of "sealant" I believe the insert can be seen from the inside? This is normal.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:06 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Now, one can see ... This is not a Zippo.

Vladimir - Guest

14:37 - 10 May 2011

Message edited 15:01 - May 10, 2011 by Vladimir

So it's just a fake? Just bought on the forum, there dealer sells them for a long time and vouches for authenticity, you need your confirmation, so as not to be unfounded upon presentation of satisfaction, added a photo.

I am grateful to you in advance.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:42 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

IMHO, the dreaded leftist .. my opinion is not the last resort, wait until other users unsubscribe ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:43 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Message edited 15:02 - May 10, 2011 by Gorynych5

Firstly Armory always flat bottom, and secondly it is a model 169 high-polish-solid-brass, third bukavok such curves on the die and the case and the insert just does not happen ...

Vladimir - Guest

15:04 - 10 May 2011

Thank you for your response. Then wait until more opinions, and do not hunt man accused groundlessly, bought here http://talks.guns.ru/forum_lig ..... 23050.html here now I think ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:13 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Vladimir is certainly worth the wait for other statements, but when you add a couple more shots, I'm 99.9% sure that your purchase of a fake, unfortunately ...

Vladimir - Guest

15:15 - 10 May 2011

Message edited 15:28 - May 10, 2011 by Vladimir

The bottom of her like a flat, here's photos from a different angle, where it is still on my photo, it seems as though corrugated, in fact it is completely polished, smooth, there's just highlights. Can you tell me what kind of picture may still need to define? Thanks in advance.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:25 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Take a look at bukovki, the stamp is removed as possible, but the inserts just seen that the curves really knocked the year 2010, where 0 is less than 1, almost half even with vision -5 hard to miss ;)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:31 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

Riveting loops at home Zippy they always uneven, but always clearly in the middle of your lower photo strongly shifted to the right, well white flint, and all his family, he inserts Zsolt, but so are many other nuances ...

Vladimir - Guest

15:47 - 10 May 2011

Message edited 16:03 - May 10, 2011 by Vladimir

Re-shooting, she glares infection, distorts the picture: (10 bit flat, that's perasnyatye photo inserts, yellow flint well, it just blends as an insert himself too yellow to match the body, but insert the magnets.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

17:01 - 10 May 2011

Posts 1860

So there!! You know, maybe I did was wrong, and lighter genuine. In this perspective, looks very different.

Vladimir - Guest

18:38 - 10 May 2011

Here's the other side of the insert pictures, and loop perefotografiroval. But difficult to photograph shiny object ever stray reflections ...

Alexander - Guest

18:43 - 10 May 2011

I'm no expert, but loop is not always in the middle. for example in the article Kuryokhin "Fake cigarette lighters Zippo" lighter compared two Jack Daniels, fake and real. http://zippocollector.ru/archi ..... # 1975 , so at present there is also a loop slipped up, and at the bottom of the gap.

Alexander - Guest

19:03 - 10 May 2011

I'm no expert, but loop is not always in the middle. for example in the article Kuryokhin "Fake cigarette lighters Zippo" lighter compared two Jack Daniels, fake and real. http://zippocollector.ru/archi ..... # 1975 , so at present there is also a loop slipped up, and at the bottom of the gap.

Alexander - Guest

19:18 - 10 May 2011

Message edited 23:33 - May 10, 2011 by Alexander

faust - Maniac

Moscow

23:55 - 10 May 2011

674 posts

yes normal Zippo, just a brachok.

Truckdriver - Expert

0:18 - May 11, 2011

Posts 206

In general, armors "left" do? If anyone has seen this, what bluff bother, not easier to make ordinary.

salonik - Member

11:45 - 11 May 2011

Posts 125

Message edited 11:55 - May 11, 2011 by salonik

Check out a very simple way of that described Vladimir Mihnovich: http://zippocollector.ru/archi ..... Ippo-Fakes . Personally, when I buy my first zippo did. Helped. Maybe it is true, but has already been in a terrible repair?

salonik - Member

11:49 - 11 May 2011

Posts 125

Message edited 11:53 - May 11, 2011 by salonik

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:31 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

Not a trace of the horrific repair I can not see)) Just the first photo provided by Vladimir were of such quality that I was wrong. But such cross strips on the bottom left when you open a lighter beer bottles. By the way, is it so serious about a piece of brass? If even (well, all of a sudden?) And a copy of it, the quality is so that I would not bother. What is the main problem of low-quality imitations? Rough handling and malfunction hole for the wick is too narrow, which prevents fuel normally evaporate silicon stuck in a well. These are the schools of the device does not make happy, and headache. And if it works, then it is you need to try to find out the truth? ;)

salonik - Member

12:46 - 11 May 2011

Posts 125

For the man is not fond of this, of course, does not matter, but if a person really wants to get to the truth, then why not zamorochitsya. And if it came to this issue on this site, I believe it still interested in the true origin of this piece of metal. A Zippo open beer bottles - in my opinion barbaric. :))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:49 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

Barbarism, there's not been suggested for such a ban immediately)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:55 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

And about the authenticity of this anecdote was about the man at the doctor:

A doctor know, I was not every time you go to women.

-Darling, Well Well do you want? You do this age ..

Doctor, my neighbor is 5 years older than me, and says he can several times during the night ..

My dear, and you all say so ;)

salonik - Member

13:03 - 11 May 2011

Posts 125

In general, buying a fake and proudly flaunt them!))))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:07 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

salonik writes:

Why rush to extremes, do not only see black and white, in the spectrum of the rainbow plenty of other shades. There are some patterns that can not identify even the factory workers of Bradford, and indeed it now produces enough curves, skew product, jumping out at the opening of the inserts, "double" stamps. Of course there are fakes in the rough hands, then take the nasty, but Zippy and family are far from ideal, in the end, there is such a thing as a "defective product" and something tells me not pass "OTC" are not discarded, but end on the shelves of "drifting" from the factory for half-price. Rhetorical question: Is it better to faulty lighter curve of Bradford or qualitatively made Uncle Liao imitation? For me, as the answer is obvious to the user, for the collector, he is diametrically opposed ;)

salonik - Member

15:15 - 11 May 2011

Posts 125

Gorynych5 writes:

salonik writes:

Why rush to extremes, do not only see black and white, in the spectrum of the rainbow plenty of other shades. There are some patterns that can not identify even the factory workers of Bradford, and indeed it now produces enough curves, skew product, jumping out at the opening of the inserts, "double" stamps. Of course there are fakes in the rough hands, then take the nasty, but Zippy and family are far from ideal, in the end, there is such a thing as a "defective product" and something tells me not pass "OTC" are not discarded, but end on the shelves of "drifting" from the factory for half-price. Rhetorical question: Is it better to faulty lighter curve of Bradford or qualitatively made Uncle Liao imitation? For me, as the answer is obvious to the user, for the collector, he is diametrically opposed ;)

Regarding the production of zippo - will take note, do not know. And on account of the relationship for good counterfeits do not agree, yet I have only two real and one fake Zippo, but in spite of this smallness and lack of proper experience think it's better to have and to use these lighters and qualitative performance than using a well-functioning, high-quality lighter and not really think of who made it. Why then do give preference to zippo? If so, and to be faithful to the end of it ;) I think that it is not extreme.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:40 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

Here begins to repeat the situation with Chinese cars, the first experiments on the production were very funny, even zhYguli and Muscovites zarulivaem these trucks in the red, but the Chinese are learning fast, but concerns across Europe have less and pay less attention to the quality, and now it turns out that Chinese are just caught up in terms of quality, and vice versa white man began to do shit, and now we see in the market are two kinds of shit: Chinese and European. And I would like cars .. IMHO with Zippo is something like ... I love this brand, but the quality IMHO greatly decreased in recent years and it's sad ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:40 - 11 May 2011

Posts 1860

Message edited 15:43 - May 11, 2011 by Gorynych5

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

2 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3375 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))