This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Cleaning lighters

risotto - New member

19:42 - July 7, 2012

Posts 4

Lay in a case 5 years. What and how to clean the oxidation? People can have any money? Thank you.

shturman1998 - Maniac

4:10 - 8 July 2012

791 posts

Pasta Goji

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

16:47 - July 8, 2012

479 posts

Yeah, most likely only this, my child, and I will not advise acid))))))))

Atila - Member

14:46 - July 9, 2012

48 posts

Message edited 15:00 - July 9, 2012 user Atila

This is brass, a good clean fine sandpaper and polish paste goyim. I have a brass replica of 1941, which eventually covered with small black spots and darkened places, so it did, now like new.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:53 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

By photographs is not clear that the steel insert. If it would be nice rusty soak in a solvent or gasoline. For brass, yes, nothing better pasta GOI has not invented ...

risotto - New member

16:11 - July 9, 2012

Posts 4

Steel parts in order. The problem is only the outside of the brass. Still advised to clean toothpaste. It seems that this is also a fine abrasive ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

16:15 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

Toothpaste is more for silver jewelry. Polishing brass, IMHO, it's better suits pasta goyim and rags.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

16:20 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

And should die goyim pasta cheaper than a tube of toothpaste))))

Atila - Member

19:03 - July 9, 2012

48 posts

Yes, what toothpaste, lighter killed, judging by the photos ... Here paste Goi week rubbing necessary. So get a soft cloth my best to walk properly, and then polish the goyim.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:27 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

Atila wrote:

Yes, what toothpaste, lighter killed, judging by the photos ... Here paste Goi week rubbing necessary. So get a soft cloth my best to walk properly, and then polish the goyim.

But I'm not agree with you ... She is oxidized, not to scratch, why should it be my best to rub? In general, on polishing cloth not everyone has the patience. Disfigure man coverage so throw ....

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

19:30 - July 9, 2012

246 posts

Yes, and she takes a little pasta goyim layer of metal, so I think you can really do without nazhdachki!

chaa174 - Expert

21:39 - July 9, 2012

503 posts

well, or buy in the store with a couple of sheets of automotive paint brushes, abrasives 1000-1500, half an hour to remove the minimum layer clap and then a piece of felt boot in hand, rub paste the name of the State Optical Institute and herachit another half hour.

I'm an old windshield when the inner surface of the cover against each other strip the ears, so that's restored. was as new and kept for a long time.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

21:51 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

chaa174 writes:

well, or buy in the store with a couple of sheets of automotive paint brushes, abrasives 1000-1500, half an hour to remove the minimum layer clap and then a piece of felt boot in hand, rub paste the name of the State Optical Institute and herachit another half hour.

I'm an old windshield when the inner surface of the cover against each other strip the ears, so that's restored. was as new and kept for a long time.

Again, not everyone has the patience to bring the case on the cloth, and, after spitting in the face spit, polish it to a mirror. Experiments usually end up with the skin scratching, fear and throwing lighters in the trash))

chaa174 - Expert

22:08 - July 9, 2012

503 posts

no luck so

I stick to a simple opinion. if you do not know what you take / do not know how to / not ready / sumlevayus in different places of your mind ... neher and brother. Well, tricky questions people ask. and so it is clear that both are doing - and the sex is hot and memorable.

and technically - correct shkurochkoy polishing, well, or for debugging, as it is right to say and then the GOI or diamond paste. importantly - boots. this is important.

if you just polish over - get props for the German film. and the film is not about the war ...

PS: do not have to spend a snot. basin of water ... and away

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:23 - July 9, 2012

1860 posts

I am of the opinion that every citizen to ask questions, so the question does not understand and do not overload it right knowledge ... And then I, too, is asked about maneuvering in the winter and I do not hesitate to Snuffles, about the "handbrake, lowered, and to aim at appeks trigger on the floor, "and ended it in the trash broken credit freaks Turkish assembly and terrible insult that I nasovetovali bad ... and a bowl of water on a Zippo lot and circles is enough. But the skin is better at first vazyukat not just on the surface of your hands, and take school eraser and wrap it. So less zatekut fingers and you do not throw the begun business half way ..

chaa174 - Expert

5:56 - July 10, 2012

503 posts

voooot! ... Popper constructive! ...

but it is not smogete not work ...

wings ... legs .... importantly - the tail!

:-D

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

10:52 - July 10, 2012

1860 posts

Message edited 10:53 - July 10, 2012 user Gorynych5

Constructive say? Can be complicated))) Galvanic bath! Vladimir aka kypexin wrote that uses the. But bath expensive and buy it to clean one or two lighter stupid. What to do? Go to the shop for repair of cellular phones. There are used to clean circuit boards after the fall device in water, beer or Coke. Agree on the "improper" use of equipment for the polite and sociable person will not be difficult ;-)

kypexin - Administrator

11:51 - July 10, 2012

1670 posts

Gorynych5 writes:

Message edited 10:53 - July 10, 2012 user Gorynych5

Constructive say? Can be complicated))) Galvanic bath! Vladimir aka kypexin wrote that uses the. But bath expensive and buy it to clean one or two lighter stupid. What to do? Go to the shop for repair of cellular phones. There are used to clean circuit boards after the fall device in water, beer or Coke. Agree on the "improper" use of equipment for the polite and sociable person will not be difficult ;-)

No galvanic current, ultrasound and by the way :) I was dead device and a half years of use.

kypexin - Administrator

11:52 - July 10, 2012

1670 posts

And by the way of oxides ultrasound little help - he also cleans dirt and soot. And of course we need some oxide chemistry.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:58 - July 10, 2012

1860 posts

kypexin writes:

And by the way of oxides ultrasound little help - he also cleans dirt and soot. And of course we need some oxide chemistry.

Sorry, Volodya, was wrong with the device that was yours. But they just galvanizing of oxides, because my advice to the campaign in SC repair gamers not meaningless ;-)

risotto - New member

12:46 - July 10, 2012

Posts 4

Removed the plaque with chalk. Made mush, and walked on the lighter cloth. Not bad - shines like new :). Although, on metal oxides were slightly visible from the cavity. If the surface is completely recover, most likely without my best and the GOI can not do. But lighter combat, not show and not in the collection. While leave so. Thank you all for your advice!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:56 - July 10, 2012

1860 posts

risotto writes:

Removed the plaque with chalk. Made mush, and walked on the lighter cloth. Not bad - shines like new :). Although, on metal oxides were slightly visible from the cavity. If the surface is completely recover, most likely without my best and the GOI can not do. But lighter combat, not show and not in the collection. While leave so. Thank you all for your advice!

I too did not get rid of the "traces of time" finally, the name Vintage model simply requires it to look vintage)))) Well, about the mechanical or electro-chemical attack have thrown just "pile up" ;-)

risotto - New member

14:25 - July 10, 2012

Posts 4

At the expense of the model would also like to clarify the situation. Lighter did not buy, we can say inherited. Here is the stigma.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:38 - July 10, 2012

1860 posts

A normal "replikovy" stamped with the patent number, the Roman numeral indicates that your inheritance in 1991 edition.

chaa174 - Expert

18:54 - July 10, 2012

503 posts

with cavities do not even twitch. so you will have to remove the layer of metal that will end in a lighter. a point - a hell of crap happens.

Gorynych5 ... if you really went tops and raced female sex over bumps, what prevents us boars in a galvanic bath take yes nickel patient tries? ;-)

Oops ... ep ... thoughts?

so ... guys, I got this ... well, that is ... at the most ... yeah ... maxim mother!

What if slightly bluish create an alternative solution from Zippo? make no armor on the principle scumbag - thicker walls, but of engineering - a thicker layer of nickel?

but me troechniki chemistry EFTA to the decision to count and to stir up?

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:22 - July 10, 2012

1860 posts

chaa174 writes:

with cavities do not even twitch. so you will have to remove the layer of metal that will end in a lighter. a point - a hell of crap happens.

Gorynych5 ... if you really went tops and raced female sex over bumps, what prevents us boars in a galvanic bath take yes nickel patient tries? ;-)

Oops ... ep ... thoughts?

so ... guys, I got this ... well, that is ... at the most ... yeah ... maxim mother!

What if slightly bluish create an alternative solution from Zippo? make no armor on the principle scumbag - thicker walls, but of engineering - a thicker layer of nickel?

but me troechniki chemistry EFTA to the decision to count and to stir up?

Personally, I hindered by a lack baths and a little bit of knowledge in chemistry. But the "Japanese" for sure a similar manner and are made after the application of any engraving, ukrashalok. I think the process is not very complicated, because the managed as one of my friend is not the most gifted passing ptushnuyu practices in the company, at my request, nickel submachine gun cartridge. Leaves not the most difficult task. But too thick in doubt .. Will it hold? Chinese fakes from steel chrome easily otkolupyvalsya nails, the paint ... You've got with your chemists troechnika advice ;-)

Slava - Expert

10:43 - July 11, 2012

225 posts

Hi ...

I've never dealt with galvanic, but recently had to spend a lot of time on this issue. I had a goal to increase the conductive layer ... cheap build =)

So while I was stopped at the Powder coating ... unfortunately I can now set up an experiment with a lighter, but all in some serious auto repair shop is set for the deposition. If anyone has access to this, I think I will not be difficult to agree on the test =)

You can apply different materials, and can be nickel, but it is needed in the powder.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:28 - July 11, 2012

1860 posts

Slav, is also an option, but .. Bodyshop equipment for large detalyushek. If the recovery massive bumper GAZ-13 Chaika or American "ship" small nodules are not visible, then certainly get a little lighter uneven and ugly. Of course, much depends on the skill of the performer. The bottom will probably be zasrat so that the authenticity of the lighter will be difficult to prove ... And what about inetifikatsiey model? For example a regular ass Solid Brass flat and depressed nickel stamp .. In general, much controversy. And comrade chaa174 raised an interesting question, and if decides to experiment, we would be happy to look at the result. And with the test weighing before and after surgery.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

7 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2798 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))