To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Terminological lexicon Zippo

yours_truly - Moderator

18:12 - 17 February 2010

1214 posts

Message edited 10:56 - February 24, 2010 by yours_truly

This article is relative and is intended primarily for Newbies! It does not duplicate the theme "Anatomy of a Zippo", and simply review the vocabulary used by the Russian-speaking fans Zippo! Immediately say, to avoid controversy, the terminology is relative, and that means I have mentioned that the terms are not officially enshrined in Russian in the company Zippo.

So, let's begin! Zippo Lighter First herself, her body!

Usually, the body itself is called case.

Next is the bottom, respectively, the stamp! Inscriptions on the stamp is a fundamental factor in determining the authenticity! Therefore advisable to always upload a photo of the stamp, if you need advice in authentication! Stamp in turn is depressed:

and convex, respectively, are saying about him, that at the bottom of the lighter flat:

Detailed classification of stamps for authentication here http://zippocollector.ru/archives/1852

Move on to more intensive zazhigalki.Navernoe terms of the most appropriate name for it in Russian is the fuel cartridge! Sometimes the name is found, the inner part, but among connoisseurs of this part of the name is borrowed from the English-speaking nositeley.Takim way the term is most common- insert (English insert)!

On it is also detected by the authenticity, and inserts the date of manufacture and date of production casing may differ, due to the fact that the insert and the case itself made ​​on different production lines! Dating inserts for authentication here http://zippocollector.ru/archives/1896

Consider the contents of the inserts! And so, it consists of:

perhaps even clever to say about the windshield as the windscreen, but is too long and pompous! Zippo English-speaking fans of this part is called the chimney - that is, chimney or flue pipe, such as a chimney through which the smoke comes out, if translated literally ! but some associations with a chimney there, honestly.

Consider an insert from a different side:

Now let's talk about what is inside the inserts!

this wick (born wick)

on old vintage Zippo used asbestos wicks! under article about them, to use only the specified fuel and original Zippo Zippo flints, that the wick never needs to be changed, it is not tleet.naskolko this is true, I do not know, did not check More about this read here http://zippocollector.ru/archives/210

In modern Zippo uses ordinary cotton wicks, reinforced with copper wire

Stuffing cotton (cotton), usually consisting of a few cotton balls, although it is not necessary!

Cotton padding filled interior inserta.Ona in principle and holds a fuel!

This part fills the flint tube. Accordingly, when you change the flint, screw-off screw on the bottom and pull it pruzhinku.Vstavlyaete new flint and twists again! But actually he flint (flint)!

New right, respectively, to the left - used.

All complete with quilted padding locked felt pad on the bottom of the inserts:

When her wobbly, fill fuel! The instructions to recommend Zippo store underneath a spare flint, as a special compartment in the most spare flint lighter is provided!

Returning to the case or housing! Lower connects with a lid with hinges (born hinge)!

Loops can be composed of several parts (born barrel), depending on the date of production of a model Before you, you see, four-link loop (4 barrel hinge). At modern Zippo usually cost five-loops.

Just loops are external, so say so-outer loop (born outside hinge):

Let us return to the wheel (English wheel), which cuts iskru.Linii that we can observe are called notches. On modern Zippo notches intersect (angl.crisscross flint wheel):

But earlier in Zippo stood wheels with horizontal incisions (born horisontal flint wheel)! For illustrative pictures show other petrol lighters zephyr, whose horizontal incision:

That's about it!

Just explain that you understand not all of the Zippo, and only selected mnoy.Na my opinion this is the most rasprostanennye terms used in the discussion on the forum Zippo Colleagues I strictly do not judge, you can call all you like, so if you did not like something , sorry :)

Thank you all, good luck! :)

kypexin - Administrator

18:19 - 17 February 2010

1670 posts

Arthur, thank you for the great stuff :) cool! :))))

yours_truly - Moderator

18:22 - 17 February 2010

1214 posts

But not for that, I'm touched, to be honest! :) Finally something normal for the site did! :)

faust - Maniac

Moscow

18:24 - 17 February 2010

674 posts

cool))

Merqury - Member

Samara, Russian Federation

11:55 - 18 February 2010

141 posts

yours_truly, well done! Good job. For beginners, it will be useful.

yours_truly - Moderator

16:48 - 18 February 2010

1214 posts

Merqury writes:

yours_truly, well done! Good job. For beginners, it will be useful.

Thank you, colleague, glad you liked it! :)

buma - Expert

18:09 - February 2, 2011

181 posts

I'm new and I really liked the article. Thank you!!

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

21:23 - February 2, 2011

246 posts

Good article, and most importantly, useful!
I have many friends who, in their opinion do not see much difference between
Zippo and some sort deshovuyu potdelkoy or inexpensive imitations!!
Only when nachinaesh explains in detail how something comes up, and even more revenue
after the test run!! Thank you all for your trouble, always with interest re
chityvayu all materials!

Unnit - Member

10:56 - April 3, 2012

142 posts

Lucidly and clearly, thanks!

ultrain - Expert

13:29 - June 5, 2012

166 posts

good stuff. Here it would be here before, and then all at once had interests to read and understand! Oh there were times past!)

Zvonkoff - Moderator

Novorossiysk, Black Sea

11:59 - 26 June 2012

951 posts

Thank you. All this I know, but rechecked myself again =))))))))))))))))

Zipper - up shit! Zippers above the shit!

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

5 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2691 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))