To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

I got carried away

Alter Ego - New member

2:52 - February 1, 2011

Posts 1

Hello everyone!

In October 2010, I decided to fulfill a childhood dream, buy a Zippo lighter. In the mid-'90s, I often came to the stall in the market, which traded representative of the population of the southern republics of the former USSR, and looked at the beautiful zazhigalochki that just beckoned me then. Naturally, it was cheap fake Zippo. But while the country was in a very unstable situation and the money in my family was a little, so as a child I could not even afford a fake Zippo.

And then, in October of last year, my childhood dream come true. I bought a Zippo lighter. The most simple and cheap, without drawing or engraving, just to appreciate it and feel it. Hold in your hand and poprikurivat her. Liked it. In early January, bought a second: black with red frame and a small Zippo inscription in the lower right corner. And just a few days ago was ruined by another - copper color with an engraved image of eagles flying in the sky, somewhere over the northern United States.

It seems no purpose and no specific topic images. Therefore, collecting call it difficult. Just gathering, probably. Although now I became very interested in studying the history of Zippo read different stories about her and so on. Actually, this interest led me to this site.

Next on my set will probably be some kind of a replica. What is not yet decided.

Here's a picture of my lighters. But I use for lighting only one - metallic. The very first.

And I still have a question. Many of you collect Zippo lighters. Why are you doing this? How often do you view them? Pick up? Whether you use them for lighting or even refueled?

I've always use the right (metallic), but still tucked in and black. But the left is not tucked. And by the way I myself have not even decided what I had bought two more, and what I want to buy new. After all, for lighting that I need only one.

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

7:07 - February 1, 2011

391 posts

Message Edit 7:10 - February 1, 2011 by evenk

Your story with Zippo something similar to my ... Why collect? And he really did not znayu.Kak matter, can not stop, simply put, you just want to have a particular instance, the desire to buy a new one periodically that fades, then erupts with greater force. Looking through a couple of times a month, according to mood, yet constantly barhotochkoy protirayu.Ispolzuyu three, for a change-and-white and yellow, a couple of gas stations on a single, a couple, and a third on drugoy.Nu izredka.Ostalnye not tucked.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

12:57 - February 1, 2011

Posts 1323

I agree ... lighters are bought from some rush ... no concrete goals. Most of them is "on display" for beauty. As you become accustomed - are beginning to give away to friends, or guests. So how to hide what is on the mind can not ... :)) Some of the most expensive (such as memory) fall into the category of "untouchables" and are untouched ... :))

GhostRider - Member

23:43 - 30 March 2011

Posts 115

As they say, any owner of a Zippo has its collector =)

kypexin - Administrator

23:46 - 30 March 2011

Posts 1670

GhostRider wrote:

As they say, any owner of a Zippo has its collector =)

I agree :)))

shturman1998 - Maniac

8:42 - 31 March 2011

791 posts

And I still have a question. Many of you collect Zippo lighters. Why are you doing this? How often do you view them? Pick up? Whether you use them for lighting or even refueled?

Well I do not even know))) periodically reviewing all, polishing cloth wipe, recount))) despite the fact that I know all the number for sure)))) Kashchei king over Zippo withers)))

but I use imco, sorry collectible clobber

Hartman - Expert

11:46 - 31 March 2011

Posts 199

Alter Ego says:

In my case, I imagine it explained this way: as a child, and almost still a child would love to have this here legally adult gizmo - the lighter. And then as I managed to buy their own lighters, hid them from their parents, trying to, lighters, use, with varying degrees of success. Those lighters were, alas, full of crap, dull and clumsy.

Then - was a "ridge" of lighters, good and very good, some were lost, chat distributed, and some - has worn down, Ronson Comet, for example, I wore out vhlam in six years. Then I was the Los Angeles cops showered gifts upon with the logo Zippo LAPD - I used it for five years, and perhaps more - she is alive and well, brass, worn out, sooty ... and then gave another one with Sinatra, this time from NY.

A couple of years ago I got on e-Bay to look for some other petrol lighter, itself, instead of Zipp - and in one go buy half a dozen different varying degrees of vintage style lighters ... and rushed.

How to take out the plug - flooded. Ronson, Evans, Hummingbird Strimlaytery ... still do not know how long I have them - do not think so. More or less stopped when he was nowhere to put. :)

It turned out that they are very pleased to be repaired. And each has a story that is in the past. And all for the lighters have a story for me is the story of the world of strong, courageous people, pleasant, suitable to the life of the world, the past, these have not.

When the lighter gets me in the form of new old stock - that is, neyuzanaya, in a box - it still remains after cleaning lie. And if she popolzovavshis and it just good - I use it too.

Wife's currently selected Ronson LadyLite - lighter with character, we call her Susie - it is engraved in the name. Szi does not like to give her the wrong hands, likes to be tinkered with it - and in response to work as a watch. And to his wife as he gave an Rowenta Snip - it turned out that for good ... caught Rowenta.

And I carry a different FEDC lighters - from vindlaytov to Cartier and flamieyra in the mood. Bed such pets. Recently here found that Ronson which stood half a year on the shelf - "offended" began veer from all slots - is now on the table, it is necessary to revive him. There is another Ronson - I call it Rabotyaga: the previous owner used it so much that rubbed chrome on the sides. But nonetheless (or because of this) - Lighter gas cooler keeps assholes rhino and works as a Bedouin in the AK - and did not require care and trouble.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:50 - 31 March 2011

Posts 1860

Hartman! Strong answered! Small literary masterpiece))

W est - Member

Dnepropetrovsk

22:54 - 31 March 2011

Posts 90

heh, second and third like me:-D

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

4 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 492

Members:

3651 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))