Forum about Zippo (ARCHIVE)

This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

How does the Zippo winter?

Rain Bird - Guest

22:28 - 25 October 2009

heard a lot of things)) and the fact that non-native gasoline freezes (fishermen say) and that's what newport normally lit up when -20)) share experiences Komrad)

yours_truly - Moderator

22:35 - 25 October 2009

Posts 1214

Message edited 22:36 - October 25, 2009 By yours_truly

Rain Bird writes:

heard a lot of things)) and the fact that non-native gasoline freezes (fishermen say) and that's what newport normally lit up when -20)) share experiences Komrad)

at the expense of non-native gasoline do not know, if possible always use native appears once or twice used the non-native, but basically it was nothing, especially not zhalovalsya.a behaves like normal ... yes, I was not eksesov, lighter is always a warm jacket was so causes all normal .. although do not rule out cases that are possible sboi.mozhet colleagues is and was.

long_boy - Expert

Ukraine, Zhitomir

8:27 - October 26, 2009

236 posts

Message Edit 8:28 - October 26, 2009 user long_boy

Rain Bird writes:

I think that when lyutom cold when wearing it on the waist pouch, it will act up, but if you put it in a warm pants pocket :) it will be all OK.

Diokhan - Member

17:45 - 27 October 2009

Posts 60

Message edited 17:48 - October 27, 2009 user Diokhan

I was standing with a friend at the bus stop 20 ... and we already cushy ;-) busy talking about something, get a light from zippo, (at the time he bought the crickets).

- Wow! wind, cold, and you're saying here blatuesh with one hand without covering supposedly rotten show-off. Well, I'm a couple of times and pochirkal before he rolled his nose. :-) Well, this dispute is screwy. - Let's say now bury it in the snow for about 15 minutes, and she'll get right the first time podozhgetsya ... In general, we were arguing so symbolic for beer ... until there were 20 minutes passed, I did have people buried near the road directly from the bus were aiming heels stepping on a pile lucky. In short get it opened so solemnly! (To be 100% sure that now is the flame) whet! ..... And .. and ... y name nifiga mood immediately disappeared ... whet, there sovtorogo times, but this is not it. So I am upset and went home.

And lost the argument that just because your fingers are wet until it dug, sparks practically nebilo.

Golden-Joker - Maniac

15:28 - November 6, 2009

856 posts

so if you wear a kurta is easy ignite, gasoline freeze in winter? where is it? :) But what about in the winter when, and 20 and above is the people in the morning to start the car and ezdiyut? :) But at the expense slimki yes .... was at meyan Booster experience in the cold with her, not so good, not so good. Through time and the lights dim plapya.

Felix - New member

9:28 - 9 January 2011

Posts 1

Hello!

I suffer a second winter - in any strike does not want the cold ((last winter wore in the pockets of jeans, jacket ... this winter in the bag on the belt ... the result is still the same lamentable. A couple of other people ask - they have all the normal problems of no. yuzayu Gasoline native and non-native tried .. well, Zippy kanesh not China, this)) but as a heat skin or in a warm room for about five minutes pobudet - immediately comes to life and gives fire)) can anyone tell me that, can anyone thought What is this about?

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

9:40 - 9 January 2011

203 posts

At this very problem was. I do not know why. Maybe something with petrol even though he was the original?

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

13:02 - January 9, 2011

391 posts

I have no difficulty, same-ignited in the winter, in the summer.

Paradox - New member

14:10 - January 9, 2011

Posts 4

Golden-Joker wrote:

so if you wear a kurta is easy ignite, gasoline freeze in winter? where is it? :) But what about in the winter when, and 20 and above is the people in the morning to start the car and ezdiyut? :) But at the expense slimki yes .... was at meyan Booster experience in the cold with her, not so good, not so good. Through time and the lights dim plapya.

Indeed, gasoline frozen at about -60 c. It does not threaten us. Another thing - ignite the vapors (weak at -20 for example) or not. There are many factors to consider: what fuel is used, the quality of the sparks, the degree of "fluff" wick, the angle of it ... That's about it only just an experiment. He took the simplest ZIPPO 207 street chrome, pulled out of her all wool, but not thrown out, and allow to dry (after filling with alcohol) and correctly laid back, missing wick "snake." ZIPPOvsky ended petrol-fueled "galosh" darling and put it into the freezer refrigerator, for reasons of clarity at 2:00 .... I pull out of her, all in the frost, finger stick, 98% are not sure that will work with either the first or the 10th time ...... teals - and lit! Everything is exactly as it is written in the instructions to any ZIPPO!!!

slay - Expert

0:10 - January 10, 2011

458 posts

interesting experiment) A year ago, in the cold -24 smoking on the street - to light all the rules. Lighter jacket holding in your pocket. Fuel - royal.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

12:04 - 10 January 2011

674 posts

It may take you a diesel?

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

12:10 - 10 January 2011

203 posts

A ktoznaet - what the shelf life of gasoline Zippy? And chtoproiskhodit with gasoline after the deadline?

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

12:30 - 10 January 2011

Posts 1323

Ure, it turns into a donkey's urine ... :)))))))))))))))))

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

12:32 - 10 January 2011

203 posts

Option trading overdue gasoline possible?

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

12:34 - 10 January 2011

203 posts

On the canister itself there is no data on the expiration date, not even a date.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

12:38 - 10 January 2011

Posts 1323

That is - nothing. But you yourself know that gasoline can be smelly, too fast volatile smoke can and stuff ... And what is there to think, or it has deteriorated and lost their properties, or it was originally a low-quality ... :)) I changed the canister - and the problem is gone, is not it? :))))

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

12:42 - 10 January 2011

203 posts

You, Serge is always right!

purst - Member

12:00 - 11 January 2011

Posts 6

So I have had a problem during the holidays. Wanted by Zippo street child a sparkler to light - whet, whet, whet ... and nothing. Brought home - brighter than the sun shone ;-))) Zippo 250 regular high polish crome. Tucked two days ago, maybe, I do not smoke, fuel consumption is minimal. All native - gasoline, silicon wick. I myself zazhigalochka since 2005. A made in 2003 in the month of September. In the warmth works flawlessly with 1-2 times. And in that time was in the pocket of your jeans, the frost was around -7 C and we were walking on the street with a half-hour. Most interesting is that the day before the cold lit perfectly. Gasoline missing somewhere for 7-8 days. Maybe the problem in the fuel - maybe, a jar of gasoline (black met. Russian bank with a triangle label and embossed) bought together with a cigarette lighter in 2005. Just lighter lost twice and twice was ;-))) Here and fuel being used. Wick for once just pulled. Flint original "out of the box."

And with regards to the flame temperature around here was Tiomka. if you remember the lessons of chemistry - the hottest flame is at the tip of the tongue is bright orange, and the coldest at the bottom - blue. When the wind lit sparklers, lighter certainly not died out, but the hot tongue all the time, got lost, the temperature of blue flame is clearly insufficient to ignite the magnesium fire is not lit. It was necessary to cover the flames with her hand as an orange tongue and a second fire burned through four ;-)

purst - Member

14:29 - 25 January 2011

Posts 6

Once again Zippo out of fuel ;-) I Disassembled it, fluffed cotton wool pulled up the wick by cutting off the burnt part, put it, "snake", filled back fleece, filled to overflowing the old fuel (already dripped with wick) ... and the problem was resolved! Now, in any frost with half a turn - and whet the flames! For 10 days, as charged, the ignition is great. Even put it in the freezer for 15 minutes, wrapped in predvaritelon package. Took out all the lighter in the frost, opened, whet - OFF!

The farm zazhigalochka very useful - it could burn a thread, then shine where necessary. And during the holidays can light candles and benkgalskie lights!

Paradox - New member

22:35 - 25 January 2011

Posts 4

oniks1 writes:

That is - nothing. But you yourself know that gasoline can be smelly, too fast volatile smoke can and stuff ... And what is there to think, or it has deteriorated and lost their properties, or it was originally a low-quality ... :)) I changed the canister - and the problem is gone, is not it? :))))

And interestingly seller can prevent drain the fuel from the original kanistrochki ZIPPO naherachit there and the very "donkey urine"?

kypexin - Administrator

22:43 - 25 January 2011

Posts 1670

Paradox wrote:

oniks1 writes:

And interestingly seller can prevent drain the fuel from the original kanistrochki ZIPPO naherachit there and the very "donkey urine"?

Bravo! :)))))))) Tell me, you would place the seller would be so ... um ... bother? And most importantly, why? :)))

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

4 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 492

Members:

3634 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))