This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

Overheating lighters

salonik - Member

11:47 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

Hello everyone! I want to tell about the unreliability of the wheel on my armor high polish chrome 167. In the operation was lighter every day (about 15 ignitions per day), never overheated, consumables all original, not on purpose is not used, always treated her with care. Bought new, used 2 months. When was the concert Scorpions (by the way sorry that no zippo with their symbols, except scorpions, but that's another topic) on their most famous song broke down and lit by rising above his head holding no more than 5-7 minutes. Heated strongly. the next day was the worst strike a spark, the day after the spark and almost completely disappeared. Apparently the wheel is red-hot and blunt. That just did not do, cleaned wheel toothbrushes, needles, tightened the screw to failure, enclose another silicon for a stronger emphasis in the flint wheel, a bit stretched spring, all to no avail. If anyone has not the desired insert, then Respond please buy it! After all, buying a new expensive for this purpose, and b / u in my city is not found. In the repairs do not want to send, already heard about their work.

Truckdriver - Expert

14:15 - 14 June 2011

Posts 206

Wheel off the heat to let go. We had to immediately pour the cold water, now it has become soft.

salonik - Member

14:31 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

oniks1 writes:

In your case, the "repair" - This is the replacement inserts, in a formal workshop - free of charge.

You do not want to bother with a studio - buy a new insert ... (ebay.com - zippo insert (in the search box))

Thank you, did not think so many inserts are sold separately from the buildings. A quality zippo leaves much to be desired ...

salonik - Member

15:01 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

Problems are encountered in the minds of the people having zippo, but it is not my case, and the quality zippo before I did not quite satisfied. Before you buy a lighter in which either a decent shop I check at least 5-7 pieces, as in many that it is not so yes, basically the problem with loops, with crooked inserts less, but also occur. But as the lighter it is still not a piece of jewelry, then these problems can be tolerated. But 5 minutes of burning and Khan wheel to it unless a good quality? At the forum, a case where a scientist palil lighter 2:00 a row and it is clear that nothing good would happen, but 5 minutes of burning and wheel raskalivaetsya - for me this was too unreliable ...

shturman1998 - Maniac

15:03 - 14 June 2011

791 posts

ret Well, of course it is possible to boil a cup of boiling water, as promised, but ............ I think once things Zippo is a good thing and quality so that nothing it says so much about our colleague. I'm at a concert of the same SCORPIO promahal her almost an hour and nothing

salonik - Member

15:14 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

shturman1998 writes:

ret Well, of course it is possible to boil a cup of boiling water, as promised, but ............ I think once things Zippo is a good thing and quality so that nothing it says so much about our colleague. I'm at a concert of the same SCORPIO promahal her almost an hour and nothing

I'm only 5 minutes waved and all of Khan))) You're on SCORPIO this year was that?

shturman1998 - Maniac

15:19 - 14 June 2011

791 posts

not in Vladik they were two years ago

salonik - Member

15:23 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

shturman1998 writes:

not in Vladik they were two years ago

Vlad - in the sense of Vladivostok?

Hartman - Guest

16:38 - 14 June 2011

Taschemto live long ago adopted the "shine" small screen cell phone - and shines and is not heated. :)

A claim to the quality of ... damn, the temperature of combustion of gasoline - 700-1100 degrees Celsius. Files kalyat at 800 C. Only after heating them to 800 ° C in cold water is lowered. :) Tiny red-hot metal perekalenuyu detalyushku to 800 + degrees - what you want to get the hell? That is physically bound to happen - that's what happened, to let go of the metal, everything, Bob-cat. The process is simple, as the hose and predictable as the fate of bottles of beer on the biker rally.

Butane Lighter, by the way, gives 400-800 C - "colder" gasoline, if Cho. :)

val1730 - Guest

18:16 - 14 June 2011

I would suggest to you, buy a Chinese clone, and he put a wheel, if anyone does not say that in your cigarette lighter wheel from the Chinese no one would guess :) rivet itself there are also longer than the ZIPPO, Kit is the right choice!

LUTER - Member

VI Lenin's birthplace

18:59 - 14 June 2011

Posts 37

A good way out to a new insert is not long to wait. Just please be a steel tube, or at least the core to rivet zavaltsevat carefully.

This .... Opa!!

Slava - Expert

20:04 - 14 June 2011

225 posts

And Hartman says everything about right and melting t has nothing to do with it. In principle, it is logical to assume that the steel used in nail files may be similar to the steel used for the manufacture of the wheel.

Just try to reverse the process mentioned by val1730, worse certainly will not.

Or yes, you do change the wheel ... but the best option is still replacing the insert in the service. Well it's not even repairs, so they are unlikely to be able to nakosyachit ;)

salonik - Member

22:58 - 14 June 2011

Posts 125

Thank you all for your advice)), but the decision came naturally. Found only in my city ad for used / have zippo, went and looked - was real, but that's stamps on the body and on the inserts are not the usual state regulations only cover a little loose, to buy it for 200 rubles. Here I think of it to put an insert in my almost new armor))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

1:50 - 15 June 2011

Posts 1860

Gyyy, have not stopped by Cartman as usual zhzhot))) and categorical beskompromesen at all))) Dude, you're 40 short years, can not be wet for the children abandoned on the sidewalk candy wrapper? ;-) Funny look like Don Quixote, he, too, like a noble knight, and like garbage toiled ;-)

Truckdriver - Expert

8:48 - 15 June 2011

Posts 206

I like to producers Zippo, I live in a very remote province, but only 200 meters from my home, not a very large supermarket sells ANY inserts. At the very rotating small stands Zippo. 80uah price = $ 10. Yes, on ebay for the money you can take 3 inserts, but the 200m and 2 weeks of waiting + postage negate the difference in price. Free repair - is another matter, but as I understand it, this is only in the capital: (

Hartman - Guest

9:29 - 15 June 2011

Gorynych5 writes:

Gyyy, have not stopped by Cartman as usual zhzhot))) and categorical beskompromesen at all))) Dude, you're 40 short years, can not be wet for the children abandoned on the sidewalk candy wrapper? ;-) Funny look like Don Quixote, he, too, like a noble knight, and like garbage toiled ;-)

Watering children - fun, invigorates the body and spirit. :)

"Sergei Petrovich, remember how you and kindergarten children still fight? - Yes, for pity's sake, Pal Semyonitch, we did what monsters - kids fight! "

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

7 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3375 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))