To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Guru, help determine the time period of production

shock66 - New member

17:14 - October 6, 2011

Posts 5

Message edited 17:28 - October 6, 2011 by shock66

Lighter inherited from the now deceased relative's front-line, dragged her from the war

He told me that he had received it as a gift, with which at the end of the Second World War (1945), at a meeting with soldiers sovetstkih amerovskimi Soldier (2 front) shakes winners fascism around Berlin

Why have a question?

Probably because acquainted with articles and stories about the Zippo in this resource, by comparing their appearance lighter with tables stamps on packages and inserts did not find an exact match, and consequently, of the period of release.

As noted here, the material making Zippo WWII was steel, including 1945 (my body steel)

But here is the presence of 16 holes - it is at least 1946, and the drop-shaped ear wheel

True to the very wheel to do is impossible to determine, because in 1988, it becomes frayed axle and it was lost - is now worth something terrible on the axis of the nail - "farm" of the relative owner-lighters until 1991, when it fell into my hands, where it remains to this day.

All contributors in advance thanks!

kypexin - Administrator

16:37 - October 7, 2011

1670 posts

As for steel, I'm not sure - steel were lighter in 1945, but they were bottom of a convex outward. The similitude of the usual worn chrome brass, which has been used since 1946 (although the photo is not in his hands, hard to say). And the depth stamp put only started in 1946. And judging from the 16 hole, it did not before 1947 (although do not rule out such an insert and could vary.)

In general, 100% I can only say that it is certainly not in 1945. In 1945, such was not.

kypexin - Administrator

16:38 - October 7, 2011

1670 posts

Oh yes. A five-loop! So it did not previously 1948.

shock66 - Guest

22:33 - October 7, 2011

kypexin writes:

As for steel, I'm not sure - steel were lighter in 1945, but they were bottom of a convex outward. The similitude of the usual worn chrome brass, which has been used since 1946 (although the photo is not in his hands, hard to say). And the depth stamp put only started in 1946. And judging from the 16 hole, it did not before 1947 (although do not rule out such an insert and could vary.)

In general, 100% I can only say that it is certainly not in 1945. In 1945, such was not.

What about steel: chromed or rust - my all donnyshko inside rusty - since 2004, to quit smoking, it is not never ran and did not use

dry weight of the lighter 56 gr. - Weigh the, brass, is the run? - Very interesting!

relative had received it as a gift from the Americans, came home crippled in 1945, in 1946, he already had a son born :) lived on a farm (North Caucasus, Tuapse district), did not go anywhere from there and do not have physical opportunity to change insert!

For example, I first saw this (this) lighter than the picture and live with him in 1991, so rule out the possibility of replacing inserts - had them on sale in the USSR (at least in the boonies)

Yes, and if possible replacement - would he rather nail axis collective farms?

I repeat: not a single example of the tables and insert the stamp donnyshka my lighter does not beat: (

and taking into account the information from this site, that the steel produced through 1945 inclusive - just do not understand, for what period it attributed

kypexin - Administrator

0:33 - 8 October 2011

1670 posts

Why, all the beats :) Okay, let's go in order. Dent bottom: not before 1946 five-loop: no earlier than 1948 if 100% sure that this was - this is 1951-52, when the Korean War Zippo for a couple of years back to steel as a material body. There's your answer: if steel is 1951-52, when brass - is 1948-50. PS Take another site http://www.dateyourzippo.com - the best resource for the dating Zippo, though in German.

shock66 - Guest

17:44 - October 8, 2011

will the son of the relative front-line advice to urgently changed birth certificate - more could he be born in 1946 - his father until 1952 sharilsya somewhere and begging for a lighter :))))))

no offense!

The situation is simply absurd: the facts contradict the directory ....

Request to Moderator: Please close this topic - while I am not convinced that this is a replica of the year before release :)))

Let the mystery remain a mystery.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:43 - October 8, 2011

1860 posts

Druzhischsche, you know what pizdezh different from the legend? So that pizdunu say he pussy, and a man to tell a good legend believed. Your cousin-soldier earned the reputation that that was a war, but how and when he got this lighter, does it matter? Can and has been sharing with the ally, and then lost a gift, and he crook extracted little thing similar to the memory of the meeting .. Experts date precisely the years of publication. That is indisputable. So what? How would that change your life? There is a legend, a feat the departed person, there is a piece of metal, looking at which you remember it.

shock66 - Guest

20:13 - October 8, 2011

Gorynych5 writes:

Druzhischsche, you know what pizdezh different from the legend? So that pizdunu say he pussy, and a man to tell a good legend believed. Your cousin-soldier earned the reputation that that was a war, but how and when he got this lighter, does it matter? Can and has been sharing with the ally, and then lost a gift, and he crook extracted little thing similar to the memory of the meeting .. Experts date precisely the years of publication. That is indisputable. So what? How would that change your life? There is a legend, a feat the departed person, there is a piece of metal, looking at which you remember it.

Thank you.

Good answer!

That's right, it is better to leave things as they are and not to engage in excavations.

kypexin - Administrator

14:51 - October 9, 2011

1670 posts

So how can there be hurt :) I am your expert opinion on the dating lighters made: 1948-1951. Could the same and its former owner some confusion, especially after 50-60 years ... Maybe this is another lighter, and the one presented to somewhere still is not found :)

shock66 - Guest

21:03 - October 9, 2011

kypexin writes:

So how can there be hurt :) I am your expert opinion on the dating lighters made: 1948-1951. Could the same and its former owner some confusion, especially after 50-60 years ... Maybe this is another lighter, and the one presented to somewhere still is not found :)

Yes, some can also be hurt?

Not at all!

I got it over in 1991, when the owner was still alive and in a sober mind. Since receiving it as a gift from amer was about 36 years. Old school was chelovechische to lie.

But .....

Fact and directories are different, and so was born the request to close the branch.

Honestly, no offense!

I just realized the attempt to clarify who bears for many years, but did not seem possible.

Thank you all for your help!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

21:47 - October 9, 2011

1860 posts

I do not understand the obsessive desire to close this branch. Grandfather to attack the tanks guns walked (or rode-fly do not know where he served), and you're out of simple identification Lighters reverse give. BU with your cousin went into exploration, and with you now think about it a couple of times.

xidemonix - Expert

Moscow, Russia

2:14 - October 10, 2011

327 posts

shock66 writes:

I got it over in 1991, when the owner was still alive and in a sober mind. Since receiving it as a gift from amer was about 36 years.

That's the phrase is not entirely clear. If it's been 36 years since the gift from the American before your ownership of it in 1991, the gift was given in 1955. And then everything is the time, because Lighter this - this is exactly the period 1949-53 period - 5-edged loop (since 1949.), insert if Nickel (1949-51), if the steel, the 1951-53 year.

He does an American could not give it in 1945 - would be violated space-time continuum)) Zippo from the future!

shock66 - Guest

15:17 - 10 October 2011

Gorynych5 writes:

I do not understand the obsessive desire to close this branch. Grandfather to attack the tanks guns walked (or rode-fly do not know where he served), and you're out of simple identification Lighters reverse give. BU with your cousin went into exploration, and with you now think about it a couple of times.

The forum is not a beginner, because flooding and off unwelcome.

Topic branch was about identification

Are under exploration, the more there is no desire, as age appropriate

Indiscriminately to judge the opponent - childhood. IMHO

shock66 - Guest

15:19 - 10 October 2011

xidemonix writes:

That's the phrase is not entirely clear. If it's been 36 years since the gift from the American before your ownership of it in 1991, the gift was given in 1955. And then everything is the time, because Lighter this - this is exactly the period 1949-53 period - 5-edged loop (since 1949.), insert if Nickel (1949-51), if the steel, the 1951-53 year.

He does an American could not give it in 1945 - would be violated space-time continuum)) Zippo from the future!

my fault - not exactly considered / number have

course from 1945 to 1991 was 46, and not 36 years.

Hartman - Guest

20:32 - 10 October 2011

In fact, everything was as much fun, because the real intrigue - where does a disabled World War II, lived bezvylazno postwar life in the North Caucasus, the American lighter, where it was released just before the start of the Korean War? It's just what the holiday is ...

shock66 - Guest

22:21 - 10 October 2011

Hartman writes:

In fact, everything was as much fun, because the real intrigue - where does a disabled World War II, lived bezvylazno postwar life in the North Caucasus, the American lighter, where it was released just before the start of the Korean War? It's just what the holiday is ...

Here I can not understand

On the one hand, knowing the man and his lifestyle from the "post-war" (again, with his words and the words of a close relative), and the way he brought gifts valued two-relics (second - German dagger briskly beautiful) I can not imagine where he would nadybat and so keep the lighter 50's :)

on the other hand - the facts directory

Zippo seller in Belgorod region (he gave me the address of this site) suggested that the lighter could be "transitional model" 1945-46

may be he is right, the body-in the beginning of 46 already had a "pressure down '

except that the material of construction - steel ...

Hartman - Guest

23:17 - 10 October 2011

With this frugality with - knew a man who until his death was used exclusively by the cutlery, which has made itself somewhere in the woods, where there partisans. He lived for almost a century, has experienced all the bastards and cannibals of their times. Neubivaemy grandfather was such no longer do, even colonels.

Steel war, as far as I know (I could be wrong) - was solely coated black crackle. It could not go on "naked" are - the more it is simply a piece of rust would become, obviously.

Wonder that so many years have not fallen off cap - its hinges thinnest place of our own ...

Damn.

Intrigue powerful, of course.

shock66 - New member

9:59 - October 11, 2011

Posts 5

Hartman writes:

With this frugality with - knew a man who until his death was used exclusively by the cutlery, which has made itself somewhere in the woods, where there partisans. He lived for almost a century, has experienced all the bastards and cannibals of their times. Neubivaemy grandfather was such no longer do, even colonels.

Steel war, as far as I know (I could be wrong) - was solely coated black crackle. It could not go on "naked" are - the more it is simply a piece of rust would become, obviously.

Wonder that so many years have not fallen off cap - its hinges thinnest place of our own ...

Damn.

Intrigue powerful, of course.

Studying catalogs, also came to the conclusion that it is, in theory, should be "bathed" coating

Loop caps still in fairly good condition, though significantly backlash, and the joint fall off and did not think - there is good contact welding prihvacheno that as much on the outside clearly visible :)

kypexin - Administrator

10:03 - 11 October 2011

1670 posts

Well known and copies of the 1942-45 period began with a completely scraped paint. But here the most important difference - it dent the bottom and five-link loop.

kypexin - Administrator

10:05 - 11 October 2011

1670 posts

shock66 writes:

Zippo seller in Belgorod region (he gave me the address of this site) suggested that the lighter could be "transitional model" 1945-46

may be he is right, the body-in the beginning of 46 already had a "pressure down '

except that the material of construction - steel ...

Yes, that's the point that I could not. Exact - could not exist in 1945.

shock66 - New member

12:31 - 11 October 2011

Posts 5

kypexin writes:

Paradox.

If he had me fooled .... it was to remain in its reduced (

Hartman - Guest

13:16 - 11 October 2011

kypexin writes:

It is in this that and twist. The presence of a U.S. veteran of World War Loot 41-45gg - this is more the rule rather than the exception. From a can of stew to the aircraft. Lighters, can openers, flashlights ...

Boring and ordinary.

But here is the presence of a veteran American goods produced just in the period of the most hysterical paranoia against the Allies - that's cool.

shock66 - Guest

17:39 - 11 October 2011

Hartman writes:

It is in this that and twist. The presence of a U.S. veteran of World War Loot 41-45gg - this is more the rule rather than the exception. From a can of stew to the aircraft. Lighters, can openers, flashlights ...

Boring and ordinary.

But here is the presence of a veteran American goods produced just in the period of the most hysterical paranoia against the Allies - that's cool.

Damn, the seed for the story :)

Indeed, nothing but inconsistencies!

Maybe it's me and spodviglo find a grain of truth?

Since the attempts to release dates devaysa 8.5 years ago failed, but that naryl then - also pointed to some later year than the grandfather spoke from the ... and on this forum I am :)

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

14:14 - 12 October 2011

203 posts

Maybe someone should write a good letter in English, attach the photo and send it to Bradford, they can shed light on this situation?

kypexin - Administrator

14:15 - 12 October 2011

1670 posts

dreamwork writes:

Maybe someone should write a good letter in English, attach the photo and send it to Bradford, they can shed light on this situation?

We have shed light :)

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

14:21 - 12 October 2011

203 posts

Well maybe there is some sort of a zkovyrka, which is known only to the company Zippo.

kypexin - Administrator

14:25 - 12 October 2011

1670 posts

dreamwork writes:

Well maybe there is some sort of a zkovyrka, which is known only to the company Zippo.

No :)

shock66 - Guest

15:05 - 12 October 2011

dreamwork writes:

In my opinion, the board has the right to implement :)

if the whole world is already spilled, then try!

If you get the answer, whatever it may be, will post it here.

Thank you all!

shock66 - Guest

20:36 - 12 October 2011

oniks1 writes:

Zippo, even if they answer, only "dry" a phrase considered stamp hinges and material production, which is discussed in detail here. The story of the front-line soldier veteran they will not understand it ... I traveled somewhere in this period, or at all, as the lighter ended up at it - they do not care ...

The expectation that the question: could there be a real lighter to be released in 1945 - will be the answer

Amer on interest to the deceased grandfather-Russian war veteran and his allegations are no prerequisites, and they do not need

shock66 - New member

11:54 - 13 October 2011

Posts 5

oniks1 writes:

Maybe this is too much, but I would ask such a question on the page of Zippo - http://www.facebook.com/Zippo

At least, they would see the opinion of experts and amateurs around the world ... There's a lot of fans of rarities ... But, I think that the company Zippo would not stay in the side ...

and do it!

thanks for the link!

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

4 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2911 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))