This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Flame goes out

Stermy - Member

14:32 - 12 March 2012

Posts 16

Hello Do not know even what to do. After exactly 5 seconds of burning fire begins to decrease sharply and burns only at the base of the wick, and starts to smell burnt fitelem. I fill a sufficient number of gasoline, the wick in it bolzhen was wet. But he begins to decay and almost off. Again, at first everything is fine, well-lit, exactly.

What do I do?

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

14:51 - 12 March 2012

479 posts

I think there may be several problems:

1. Improper installation of the wick inside the insert.

2. Poor quality fuel.

3. "Left" wick.

4. Lighter itself is not real, the fakes often opening for the wick is less than normal and the wick does not have time to "get" gasoline for normal combustion.

3 and 4, this is an extreme case)))))

Try to start to shift cotton and correctly put the wick in the lighter ...... Well, and the EU-but it is meant that the wick should be charred and be up to the level of the windshield ......

Stermy - Member

15:19 - 12 March 2012

Posts 16

Thank you very much) followed your advice, shifted wool. Everything off, dear, as always :)

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

15:37 - 12 March 2012

479 posts

Well, that's Okay. Good to her flame! )))

Stermy - Member

16:09 - 12 March 2012

Posts 16

Thank you) Now, I sfotkal, the atoms something crept doubt ;)

tell me the original?

http://fotoifolder.ru/view_fot ..... 3 × 2-wxy5p /

http://fotoifolder.ru/view_fot ..... cdpgk767u /

http://fotoifolder.ru/view_fot ..... x_bvozmdb /

Sorry for zalapany insert)

salonik - Member

16:45 - 12 March 2012

125 posts

I do not know how the others, but I'm having a big problem with opening these sylok ...

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

16:48 - 12 March 2012

479 posts

I like confusing rivets on the cam wheels and if someone is not sure they pereklepyval himself .....

Stermy - Member

16:52 - 12 March 2012

Posts 16

What confuses you in them? They are flat, sitting tight. On my previous Zippo they were not as well made. But it is, by the way.

Again problema.Ya shifted wool, burning is normal, even good. But now began to burn again for 5 seconds and then a very small fire at the base of the wick. What to do now?)

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

16:53 - 12 March 2012

479 posts

Picture quality is not yet, the wheel here I can not see properly, notches consider not really :) But like a stamp like this, but the rivets ............... maybe I'm wrong.

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

16:56 - 12 March 2012

479 posts

Stermy writes:

What confuses you in them? They are flat, sitting tight. On my previous Zippo they were not as well made. But it is, by the way.

Confused by this:

Quite often, which can be found on the insert fakes - rivet cam wheel and brass. Sometimes the only thing that allows one to say with certainty about the authenticity of inserts, as labels on the inserts - fake can sometimes be made ​​accurately and completely plausible:

On the original inserts or steel rivets, or through-

Stermy - Member

17:01 - 12 March 2012

Posts 16

Message edited 17:03 - March 12, 2012 user Stermy

Perhaps the photo is not visible, but I have steel rivets.

Not in the nature of originality, although I'm sure it) The bottom line is that before it burned just great. Now somehow neochen, as I described above

xidemonix - Expert

Moscow, Russia

20:41 - 12 March 2012

327 posts

insert left-stamp the text is not there no quality and no punctuation-2 point and a comma in the text, well, of course riveting.

and also stamped on the body-otsutvie point and point after bradford pa, and the icon is R R??? God knows what is in the circle.

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

8:53 - 13 March 2012

479 posts

Well on the case and photos can blame, from another angle, if sfotkat, then maybe we'll see .....

And I also think insert left, maybe because of this, and badly lit. By the way if you get the inserts in cotton, epoxy putty should be at the top, if you look inside the insert, then it turns on the bottom))) There-Is it there??

salonik - Member

10:24 - 13 March 2012

125 posts

Message edited 10:26 - March 13, 2012 user salonik

As for housing, it is necessary to look only at the bottom of the form, and all becomes clear. In general, annealing in all respects fake.

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

13:27 - 13 March 2012

203 posts

And for me, as a normal Zippo, the most that neither eat real. Just a photo like that.

Stermy - Member

23:04 - 13 March 2012

Posts 16

Kuryan writes:

Well on the case and photos can blame, from another angle, if sfotkat, then maybe we'll see .....

And I also think insert left, maybe because of this, and badly lit. By the way if you get the inserts in cotton, epoxy putty should be at the top, if you look inside the insert, then it turns on the bottom))) There-Is it there??

We mean that white putty ;) that it's there, just look. "Lower, ie upper 'interior inserts it covered.

Well so that the light is bad? Incidentally today said that immediately after refueling and somewhere within 1-2 hours after it stays on well. Next comes the tub as I described already. Can I have a little cotton wool, I changed it two weeks ago, and after that everything started. Who do you think?

xidemonix - Expert

Moscow, Russia

1:02 - 14 March 2012

327 posts

Message edited 1:03 - March 14, 2012 user xidemonix

I think all the above on the lighter

and see for yourself

http://i30.fastpic.ru/big/2012 ..... 06848d.jpg

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

1:29 - 14 March 2012

246 posts

Well what an insert fake it hundred pounds! No one I have not seen Zippe brass rivets!
By the way, I was lying one such insert, well, very similar to nastoyachy even kremnederzhatelya thread on the screw is the same as on normal zhigah! and only after disk imaging from this site I realized that fake. and in your case if you insert fake, then most likely, and wick! try replacing the present and more closely with its styling, and can do it!

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

8:28 - 14 March 2012

479 posts

Well, the owner claims that the photo just so clear, and in fact steel rivets ...... I now also think that it is fake then insert. The inscription on the bradford inserts seemed to me that instead of f is e, and it turns out that this is what it is ....

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

8:29 - 14 March 2012

479 posts

We mean that white putty ;) that it's there, just look. "Lower, ie upper 'interior inserts it covered.

Well so that the light is bad? Incidentally today said that immediately after refueling and somewhere within 1-2 hours after it stays on well. Next comes the tub as I described already. Can I have a little cotton wool, I changed it two weeks ago, and after that everything started. Who do you think?

Cotton should be replaced or added, then somewhere on the site even has a video in which you can figure out about how much of it there should be. A wick, as described above, is also likely to the left as he insert. Definitely changed to nastoschee can then burn and will return to normal.

Stermy - Member

14:17 - 14 March 2012

Posts 16

Thank you all for taking part in the discussion.

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

14:23 - 14 March 2012

479 posts

Not at all! In general, it is desirable to upload pictures taken macro photography, where it would have been clearly visible. I think they would immediately dispel any doubts in about lighters ....

Koh - Member

16:11 - 14 March 2012

Posts 21

Without macro seen it fake, but the wool is likely overly natrambovano, buy a new over the counter stuff and fluff well not much trampling her to not squeeze the felt pad ... yes even though God knows, I had had the same problems with zipami and then like that by themselves are gone. Now I can, and with a strap of the shoe to make and will be well lit))) experience as a chtoli acquired.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

15:26 - 15 March 2012

1860 posts

Unequivocal fake, and horseradish. Let me explain: if the "mega-experts" determined that the lighter fake, but it pleases trouble-free operation, it is a good fake! It can be used and no steam. But if the naked eye can see the fraud, but it also does not burn at the same time, the path is the same: to throw in the garbage disposal ...

mario182 - Member

7:44 - 20 March 2012

Posts 6

Message edited 7:45 - March 20, 2012 user mario182

Well damn here just ekneshsya, first lighter very similar .. like mine, bought with zippo.ru, but not the fact that not everything is fake or norms?

But there are two differences:

1. "Bradford.pa. made in usa "- on the first pictures shows that two points short of

2. I have the same color as the rivet that is lighter Iron color, not yellow - it rules?

3. you did not develop a new lighter, nothing you menyash there all the time, I certainly do not flame disappeared but twitched, and may be a month or more, and do not touch anything, then it is a ... (Custom Zippo petrol)

And the question is gasoline Royal, the smell is the same, there is a fundamental rift between him and zippovskim?

kalhoz - New member

0:33 - 4 April 2012

Posts 1

Hello, maybe even what ever the reason is not burning? Except those that have been declared a?
Just flame goes out too, my wick and laid properly (the first 2-4 days off normally and then again)
Help please!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

1:10 - 4 April 2012

1860 posts

Likely gasoline, other problems and solutions here: http://zippocollector.ru/forum ..... cessories /

tsygan - Member

21:06 - April 7, 2012

Posts 6

In the second photo pripinaniya no signs at all on the wheel + no incisions on the stamp R not clear. IMHO fiction.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

1 Guest

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2799 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))