Forum about Zippo (ARCHIVE)

This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, log in entrance

Searching Back to search results

Cleaning Lighter

risotto - New member

19:42 - July 7, 2012

Posts 4

I lay in a cover 5 years. How and what to clean oxidation? Maybe there are folk remedies? Thank you.

shturman1998 - Maniac

4:10 - July 8, 2012

Posts 791

Paste Goya

Kuryan - Expert

Tashkent

16:47 - July 8, 2012

Posts 479

Yeah, it is only likely, dear, and I will not advise acid))))))))

Atila - Member

14:46 - 9 July 2012

Posts 48

Message Edit 15:00 - July 9, 2012 by the user Atila

It's brass, thoroughly clean fine sandpaper and paste zapolirovat goyim. I have a brass replica of 1941, which was covered with small black dots of time and sometimes darkened, as it did, is now like new.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:53 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

In the photograph it is not clear that the steel insert. If the rusty would be nice to soak in a solvent or gasoline. And for brass, yes, nothing more effective paste GOI has not yet invented ...

risotto - New member

16:11 - 9 July 2012

Posts 4

Steel parts in order. The only problem is outside of the brass. Another advised to clean the toothpaste. It seems that this is also a fine abrasive ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

16:15 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

Toothpaste is likely to silverware. For polishing brass, IMHO, it is still better suits paste GOI and rags.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

16:20 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

And it is worth cube paste GOI cheaper than a tube of toothpaste))))

Atila - Member

19:03 - 9 July 2012

Posts 48

Yes, what toothpaste Lighter killed, judging by the photos ... Here paste Goi week rubbing necessary. So first a soft cloth nulevku good walk, and then polish the goyim.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:27 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

Atila says:

Yes, what toothpaste Lighter killed, judging by the photos ... Here paste Goi week rubbing necessary. So first a soft cloth nulevku good walk, and then polish the goyim.

But I do not agree with you ... She is oxidized and not scratched why it nulevkoy rub? And in general in the polishing cloth not everyone has the patience. Disfigure man coverage ... so throw.

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

19:30 - 9 July 2012

Posts 246

eleven

And indeed paste GOI removes a small layer of metal, so I think really you can do without nazhdachki!

chaa174 - Expert

21:39 - 9 July 2012

Posts 503

well, or buy in the store with a car a couple of paint brushes, sandpaper sheets 1000-1500, half an hour to remove the minimum layer of gonorrhea and then a piece of felt boot in hand, rub the paste behalf of the State Optical Institute and herachit another half hour.

I'm on the windscreen when the old and the inner surface of the lid against each other ragged outrageously, so here is restored. It was as new and kept for a long time.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

21:51 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

chaa174 writes:

well, or buy in the store with a car a couple of paint brushes, sandpaper sheets 1000-1500, half an hour to remove the minimum layer of gonorrhea and then a piece of felt boot in hand, rub the paste behalf of the State Optical Institute and herachit another half hour.

I'm on the windscreen when the old and the inner surface of the lid against each other ragged outrageously, so here is restored. It was as new and kept for a long time.

Again, not everyone has the patience to bring the case on the end of the cloth and the surface spitting saliva zapolirovat her in the mirror. Usually experiments with sandpaper scratching end, fear and discarding the lighter in the trash))

chaa174 - Expert

22:08 - 9 July 2012

Posts 503

It means not destiny

I stick to a simple opinion. if you do not know what you undertake / do not know how / is not ready / sumlevayus in different places of your mind ... neher and brother. Well, people ask tricky questions. and so it is clear that, as is done - and the sex will be warm and memorable.

and technically - correct shkurochkoy polishing, well or finishing as it is to say the right and then the GOI or diamond paste. most importantly - boots. it is important.

if you just zapolirovat top - get props for German film. and the film is not about the war ...

PS: do not necessarily spend a snot. a basin of water and rushed ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:23 - 9 July 2012

Posts 1860

I am of the opinion that if a citizen asks questions, then in the question does not understand and is not worth it right overload knowledge ... And I also happened asked about maneuvering in the winter and I do not hesitate to Snuffles, about the "handbrake, reduced, tselimsya in appeks and trigger on the floor, "and ended it in the trash broken credit freaks Turkish assembly and terrible hurt that bad, I have advised ... And a bowl of water on a Zippo lot and clubs will be enough. But better to first peel vazyukat not just on the surface of your hands, and take the school eraser and wrap it. So less zatekut fingers and you do not throw the begun business midway ..

chaa174 - Expert

5:56 - July 10, 2012

Posts 503

voooot! ... Poper constructive! ...

but it is not smogete not get ...

wings ... ... legs. the main thing - the tail!

:-D

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

10:52 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1860

Message Edit 10:53 - July 10, 2012 by the user Gorynych5

Constructive say? You can complicate))) Galvanic bath! Vladimir aka kypexin wrote that such uses. But tub expensive and buy it for cleaning one or two lighters stupid. What to do? Go to the shop for repair of cellular phones. They are used for cleaning circuit boards after the fall device in water, beer or Coca-Cola. Agree on "improper" use of equipment for the polite and sociable person will not be difficult ;-)

kypexin - Administrator

11:51 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

Message Edit 10:53 - July 10, 2012 by the user Gorynych5

Constructive say? You can complicate))) Galvanic bath! Vladimir aka kypexin wrote that such uses. But tub expensive and buy it for cleaning one or two lighters stupid. What to do? Go to the shop for repair of cellular phones. They are used for cleaning circuit boards after the fall device in water, beer or Coca-Cola. Agree on "improper" use of equipment for the polite and sociable person will not be difficult ;-)

No galvanic current and ultrasonic :) I died the way a device and a half years of use.

kypexin - Administrator

11:52 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1670

And by the way of the oxides of the ultrasound is not much help - he cleans the dirt and soot. And from oxides of course I need some chemistry.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:58 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1860

kypexin writes:

And by the way of the oxides of the ultrasound is not much help - he cleans the dirt and soot. And from oxides of course I need some chemistry.

Sorry, Volodya was wrong with the device that was you. But they just electroplating of oxides, for my advice with a campaign in SC repair gamers are not meaningless ;-)

risotto - New member

12:46 - 10 July 2012

Posts 4

He took off his plaque with chalk. I did gruel, and went through the lighter cloth. It turned out good - like a new shiny :). Although, from metal oxides were slightly noticeable cavity. If the surface is completely recover, it is likely that without my best and the GOI can not do. But lighter combat, and does not exhibit the collection. So far, so I leave. Thank you all for your advice!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:56 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1860

risotto writes:

He took off his plaque with chalk. I did gruel, and rags walked around lighter. It turned out good - like a new shiny :). Although, from metal oxides were slightly noticeable cavity. If the surface is completely recover, it is likely that without my best and the GOI can not do. But lighter combat, and does not exhibit the collection. So far, so I leave. Thank you all for your advice!

I too did not get rid of the "time traces" finally, the name Vintage model simply requires it to look vintage)))) Well, advice on mechanical or electro-chemical attack distribute a "pile up" ;-)

risotto - New member

14:25 - 10 July 2012

Posts 4

At the expense of model I would also like to clarify the situation. The lighter did not buy, we can say inherited. Stamp here is.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

14:38 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1860

Normal such "replikovy" stamped with the patent number, the Roman numeral indicates that your legacy 1991 edition.

chaa174 - Expert

18:54 - 10 July 2012

Posts 503

with cavities do not even twitch. so you will have to remove the metal layer that the lighter end in the process. and point - come hell crap.

Gorynych5 ... if we went tops and raced over bumps female sex, what prevents us boars in the plating bath to take yes nikelirovat patient tries? ;-)

oops ... ёp ... thought!

so ... guys, I've got this ... well ... the fact that at the most ... yeah ... maxim mother!

What if to create an alternative to the solution of a slightly bluish Zippo? armor made on the basis of a condom - thicker walls, but on the principle of engineering - a thicker layer of nickel?

except me troechniki EFTA in chemistry to calculate a solution and stir?

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:22 - 10 July 2012

Posts 1860

chaa174 writes:

with cavities do not even twitch. so you will have to remove the metal layer that the lighter end in the process. and point - come hell crap.

Gorynych5 ... if we went tops and raced over bumps female sex, what prevents us boars in the plating bath to take yes nikelirovat patient tries? ;-)

... ... oops ёp thoughts!

so ... guys, I've got this ... well ... the fact that at the most ... yeah ... maxim mother!

What if to create an alternative to the solution of a slightly bluish Zippo? armor made on the basis of a condom - thicker walls, but on the principle of engineering - a thicker layer of nickel?

except me troechniki EFTA in chemistry to calculate a solution and stir?

I personally hampered by lack of bath and a little bit of knowledge in chemistry. But the "Japanese" probably in a similar way and communicated after the application of any engravings-ukrashalok. I think the process is not very complicated, because a friend of mine was able to also not the most gifted fellow passing ptushnuyu practice at the enterprise, nickel, at my request submachine gun cartridge. It turns out not the most difficult task. But too thick doubt .. Will stay? From chrome steel Chinese fakes easily otkolupyvalsya nails, paint ... You've got to with your chemists troechnikov consult ;-)

Slava - Expert

10:43 - 11 July 2012

Posts 225

Hi…

I electroplating never worked, but recently had to spend a lot of time to study the issue. I had a task to increase the electrically conductive layer to increase ... cheap =)

In general, as long as I stayed on the powder spraying ... unfortunately I can not now make an experiment with a lighter, but even in some of the major auto shops have installation for spraying. If someone has access to this, I think is not difficult to agree on test =)

Can cause different materials, and can be nickel, but it is necessary in the powder.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:28 - 11 July 2012

Posts 1860

Slav, is also an option, but .. in car equipment for large detalyushek. If the recovery massive bumper Chaika GAZ-13 or the US "ship" small nodules are not visible, then surely get a little lighter uneven and ugly. Of course, much depends on the skill of the performer. Bedplate certainly be zasrat so that the authenticity of lighters prove to be problematic ... And what about the inetifikatsiey model? For example, a regular at the ass Solid Brass flat and depressed nickel-plated die .. In general, a lot of controversial issues. And comrade chaa174 raised an interesting question, and if you dare to experiment with pleasure would look at the result. Moreover, the weighted test before and after surgery.

Searching Back to search results

About Forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most users at the same time was:

Online:

1 Guest

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Threads: 492

Participants:

8062 participants

155 reviews

1 administrator

3 moderators

Best authors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 View (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 View (s)), Zvonkoff (951 View (s))