This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

beginning ..)

Dexter fon Frost - Member

16:34 - 20 May 2011

28 posts

And so, a brief account of the acquisition of my first, and hopefully not the last zippo:

Ever since childhood, after watching zabugornyh films, I wanted to have my zippo, but in our small town never had them, and if sometimes appearing and cost too much for a simple student. The years passed, and one day walking in space network, I came across ebay cherished for lighters. Cost them at auction, as you know, is much smaller than in our stores, and I decided to make a gift. The choice fell on the low gloss '97 silver, worth $ 10. Carefully examining the photos and reading the manuals for your website, I came to the conclusion that the real lighter. Next on the list: ordered, waited, Mother of our mail for 44 days cancel the deal, and on day 46 received a treasured gift!  

Lighter was again closely examined for authenticity - the present, at least, this is my conclusion on your manual. The hull was quite a bit shabby, but the insert was not even erased and sanded in the middle so that the writing was almost illegible. When you open the cherished little things I was disappointed - the patented click nebylo. (   but after a little manipulation screwdriver voice returned to the lighter.) Just a zippo was quite shaken loop.   Search original fuel I was not allowed my impatience, and was purchased by the first available 130ml bottle for 30 rubles (Ryazan refinery, packer, "Spark", Moscow, this fuel think there has already been discussed).   First filling enough for two days,   flame is quite good, a little Kapto, but it was only visible when the cover is closed (if close slowly, from the outside were "traces of fire"), the smell of gasoline was also present, but not very strong (or I was too excited and did not paying attention). After the first exhalation gasoline pursed loop as a result of play has almost disappeared and the next refill lasted 3 days =). Later, after the "accident" (father very much blew on the wick and it became a broom)), it was decided to tighten and trim the wick. Just because it did not draw, and I decided to pull out of wool inserts, and push the wick inside. Here I was waiting for a surprise - the wick was crumpled (!) And just pressed wool inserts to the top .... Everything was fixed, trim, crop and the next refueling my zippo held for 6 days with regular use. I think if you use a high quality fuel, the result will be higher ...

And as the general opinion of my zippo: I think, first of all, it's a cult thing. Windscreens works with a bang even with a good wind, but the flame is sufficiently large and "uncontrollable" as a result of singed his mustache =), some have a taste of cigarettes prikurennyh zippo I felt, though perhaps I smoke cigarettes too cheap =).   But you looked at it, I'll use zippo, partly because it's my childhood dream, partly because keeping this lighter feel in the hands of the story.

A small digression: the lighter I got on May 4, the day - 2 year anniversary of my relationship with the girl, and took the lighter from the post office, we had gone to the lake where he first kissed. There, I made her an offer of marriage and she said yes! So this Zippo for me at all especially now. =)

ps let the moderator correct me, if not to the same branch.

hohol - Expert

Belgorod

19:08 - 20 May 2011

246 posts

Well, it's good when your dreams come true! Start as I understand it good,
now the turn of second, third and so on, Zippo addictive, I know myself!

yezh - Member

8:50 - May 21, 2011

68 posts

The story is very interesting. But I would put this in your place the lighter on the shelf, once you have it, let such a landmark stands as a memory of the event, it is worth it. And every day buy some more, still it is not the last you have, there is some reason this confidence.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:33 - 21 May 2011

1860 posts

A good story! And on the shelf until it is put, let it be a witness to many more happy events in your life ;)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

11:33 - 21 May 2011

1860 posts

A good story! And on the shelf until it is put, let it be a witness to many more happy events in your life ;)

Dexter fon Frost - Member

11:36 - 23 May 2011

28 posts

Message edited 11:38 - May 23, 2011 by Dexter

oniks1, it was the first gas station after pulling up the wick and the flame is adjusted between 2 and 3 cm ... =)

This is why the shelf I do not want to put it ... maybe later when the collection expanded, acquiring cares, chores and children ... =) Now thinking to do the engraving, in memory of the event ...

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

4 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2360 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))