To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

The problem with the flame

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

0:08 - October 22, 2009

1323 posts

Reading the many questions about the various problems was such that when the cover is closed lighters, starts to go black smoke ... Post it somehow got lost once, and thought in his head remained, and did not give rest ...))), and given that I was not able to find the author of the message, decided to create a new topic and express your thoughts here ...

Whence are the black smoke? Not yavlyas expert Zippo, and not being a chemist, I'll try to understand at least the physics of the process ...)))) Once there is a fire and oil, which they had not been cleaned, it should be soot should be waste from the combustion of ... took my lighter ( I use it for three months, gasoline - home, storage strictly vertical), and what I see? Plaque! At the spot where the fuse goes out (see below photo). Here they deposit! And of course, on the wick as many as you want ... We light the flame, the metal parts are heated and cotton - the cover is closed. "Room" remained unaired. Here you have a place to condensation! Hence the presence of rust on the wheels, which also wrote some ... Together with all this, the deposits + moisture, make this mixture dymuchey. The solution? Clean lighter as pollution, can pull and trim the wick, if very beginning to worry. Generally monitor the cleanliness, well, try to use high quality fuel ...

Not much I've been divorced? ))))) Well, just where and with whom I talk about a lighter? .. ))))

Dear, admin, if my topic was out of place, then move it to destination ...)))

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

0:11 - October 22, 2009

1323 posts

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

0:14 - October 22, 2009

1323 posts

Oh, and I almost forgot - botas, I did not use blue lights illuminated, I continue to experiment with the camera settings ...)))))

botas - Expert

1:20 - October 22, 2009

530 posts

Message edited 2:30 - October 22, 2009 By botas

oniks1 writes:

Oh, and I almost forgot - botas, I did not use blue lights illuminated, I continue to experiment with the camera settings ...)))))

Okay - this shade of blue on your pics was not yet ;)

What about the smoke ... I would call it more soot. There are a couple of thoughts, I'll try to make them soon. At the same time check tomorrow its Brass at the time when this soot.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

9:26 - October 22, 2009

1323 posts

botas writes:

Okay - this shade of blue on your pics was not yet ;)

Yes, it was not ...)))) But you see, what romance there? .. ))))) I'm trying ...)))

botas - Expert

23:40 - 22 October 2009

530 posts

oniks1 writes:

Not much I've been divorced? ))))) Well, just where and with whom I talk about a lighter? .. ))))

Well, there's the lighters and say :)

I noticed black smoke in ponostyu tucked igniting, and as a result of the flame - when burning Zippo lift up sharply, and when the wick is where it was before the fire. Of course, the smoke - unburned particles is empty and clean, but still containing hydrocarbon fuel. Soot. Apparently when they open burning go up, and when the rest on the cover, or a flame, they can be seen.

What about cleaning the lighter: I clean it about once a month, three cotton swab moistened with Z-gasoline, wiping the inside of the windshield. I do not touch the wick. every six months - a deep cleaning: make out wool, take out the fuse, cut off (or not) charred part of it, depending on the state, at the same time by the same sticks rubbed windshield, because it is easier to get at it. Collected back cotton and whet! :)

One of my friend uses Zippo already, 3. And one said proudly that never once trimmed or brushed lighter. I do not understand it ... Burn-it will, but with a normal wick and vyschchischennaya - will burn better :)

By the way, three months ago I made out wool, cut the wick to negorevshey part. So during this time, its thickness has declined! Burn it, despite the fact that the fuel pours regularly and wipe it does not burn.

Golden-Joker - Maniac

0:07 - October 23, 2009

856 posts

Here, too, they say no wick burns, how not progaraet!? even as progaraet if always use and do not touch the wick in a couple of years there will remain some delays and will have nothing to show off :) I do the same activities as the Botas. Naturally, it is better off if followed her to look after the car, too, can go without changing anything, but what this means :)

kypexin - Administrator

0:11 - October 23, 2009

1670 posts

Palladium-Joker wrote:

the machine also can be driven without changing anything, but what this means :)

This leads to the uncontrolled growth of the fleet :)) well, zippo-park too :))

Golden-Joker - Maniac

0:18 - October 23, 2009

856 posts

That would be a Zippo park and will take a whole fleet cotton sticks then =))

jalcom - Member

14:41 - 23 October 2009

Posts 39

My two cents.

Personal experience shows that more than 13 years of using lighter (80% of this time the same, that is, say, 10 years) had to trim the wick to about three times half a centimeter ... and ... In this, the burning has always been at the height of . Soot and smoke - do without them, but IMHO, they do not interfere (we yuzaem not "singed" gasoline,?) Combustion. Pruned because the wick burns, and, sure, 30% percent of the paucity tucked lighters, when it is clear that running out of fuel, but squeezes the last stroke of the new record dolgoigraniya purely for myself ... :) and slowly smoldering wick So ... never had to put a new, 70 percent of the old general has not seen the light ... With a good solid spark and fuel authentic smoky wick - not a hindrance at all.

jalcom - Member

14:43 - 23 October 2009

Posts 39

Forgive me Zippo MFG Co. for anti-advertising wicks! :)

jeri22 - Member

16:36 - 23 October 2009

26 posts

Lope and a maximum time you can trim the wick? And who is to gallop hvotaet one filling and one konistry fuel.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

16:48 - 23 October 2009

1323 posts

There is already established theme - "Fuel", "refill Zippo", there are already so many statements about it ... It all shared their experiences ...)))

jeri22 - Member

20:59 - 23 October 2009

26 posts

Excuse not nashol

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

21:07 - 23 October 2009

1323 posts

jeri22 - Member

22:24 - 23 October 2009

26 posts

But about the wick, not what I nashol.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

23:15 - 23 October 2009

1323 posts

jeri22 writes:

But about the wick, not what I nashol.

Quoting a statement that lies in each lighter -

"When the wick turns black from soot, pull it up with tweezers so that there was a clean wick (about 1 cm), then cut it exactly at the height of the flame guard. Do this 1 or 2 times a year. After doing two or three shotguns wick, you will need to replace it. For more information visit our website http://www.zippo.ru "

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

2 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2855 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))