This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

Using old lighters

Aleks - Guest

18:52 - March 8, 2010

Privedstvuyu you, collectors Zippo!

had the idea to buy on eBay the old cigarette lighter / of the links from the site / and use it every day.

Maybe it? or they are so "come unstuck" and insert "pops" out of the housing and the use of such lighters are not recommended, as it is necessary to keep them "on the shelf"

kypexin - Administrator

19:01 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Well, you know, there's time on time is not necessary. Moreover, almost 95% of the vendors sell lighters, as they say, "as is" - "as is", that is, they do not check their performance, do not clean, they can be dusty, dirty, in govnische etc. (Example: http://zippocollector.ru/archives/2679 ). In principle, however, in most cases it typically is vintage decent condition and only requires cleaning and bulkheads for daily use. If there is any obvious defects, sellers usually honest about their show. The only thing that you "get" this bald tire - no test is not checked, but I sometimes come across lighters with wheels that are too abraded.

Summary is: it is possible to buy for everyday use almost any old Zippo, it is only necessary to read carefully the description :)

Aleks - Guest

19:14 - March 8, 2010

Thank you! and where the use of such a cleaner? buy it do not really want)))

Lighters took with links to your website, I understand this is proven sellers?

On eBay, buy pipes, tubes and decent sellers know, but with lighters had to face

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:17 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1860

I will take the liberty to add Dear Vladimir, worn wheel can be replaced by the famous Life-time Varant, the second factor is very strong Loose loops body, but as said above the seller rarely withholding such information, so that at the age of Zippy usually no worse than their brand-new counterparts except the aura of times)))

kypexin - Administrator

19:20 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

I will take the liberty to add Dear Vladimir, worn wheel can be replaced by the famous Life-time Varant, the second factor is very strong Loose loops body, but as said above the seller rarely withholding such information, so that at the age of Zippy usually no worse than their brand-new counterparts except the aura of times)))

Wheel alone can not be replaced under warranty. You can only get a new insert. If you want to keep all the original parts, this option will not work ... or will replace the wheel yourself, by hand :)

kypexin - Administrator

19:24 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Aleks writes:

Thank you! and where the use of such a cleaner? buy it do not really want)))

Lighters took with links to your website, I understand this is proven sellers?

On eBay, buy pipes, tubes and decent sellers know, but with lighters had to face

Well, it is a regular cleaner for different yuvelirki. In principle, for the sake of one or two lighter to buy it, and do not, because in the one-off cases, it is enough soak dirty lighter in hot water for a while and then scrub with a brush.

These vendors - yes, from among my favorite :)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:29 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1860

Vladimir, the bish, I have seen older inserts with traces of repair (very neatly executed) is a matchlock, and the company itself is not involved in this and just replace the insert?

kypexin - Administrator

19:43 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

Vladimir, the bish, I have seen older inserts with traces of repair (very neatly executed) is a matchlock, and the company itself is not involved in this and just replace the insert?

Probably yes, amateur. Perhaps, in some exceptional cases they may be replaced by one item. But in a mass of free warranty repairs like this would simply not economical. Therefore, in large repair means replacing the insert to a new, replacement hinges on new EVERYTHING.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:59 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1860

Clear) just asked a question from the point of view of the collector))) is obtained: Factory repair insert the year 19XX with embossed patent number on the board, and the output is a brand new work of a brand new cheap lighters))) Thanks for the info, as they say - the hostess at note))

yours_truly - Moderator

20:06 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1214

Gorynych5 writes:

Clear) just asked a question from the point of view of the collector))) is obtained: Factory repair insert the year 19XX with embossed patent number on the board, and the output is a brand new work of a brand new cheap lighters))) Thanks for the info, as they say - the hostess at note))

by the way I was thinking about it! :)

I understand the service it does not matter what year the housing and insert what year they put into it, they have another problem - they are important to Zippo worked! practicality! and consistency of the data inserts and the case - it is purely the prerogative of care and collector!

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:12 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1860

From the point of view of all the service correctly, the product is supposed to work))) from the point of view of the collector simply open theft of property))) this is the question I wanted to clarify, I think it is harmless byloby make it in the FAQ site if one exists ;-)

kypexin - Administrator

20:12 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

Yes, this is a long known fact. So if you really suddenly sent for repairs to the old cigarette lighter burning insert, then Render or no inserts or speak to you left the old insert.

kypexin - Administrator

20:14 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

From the point of view of all the service correctly, the product is supposed to work))) from the point of view of the collector simply open theft of property))) this is the question I wanted to clarify, I think it is harmless byloby make it in the FAQ site if one exists ;-)

It is assumed that the collector take care of itself :))) And to guarantee nothing about replacement parts, etc. Warranty repair - is bringing lighters to a usable state. Replacement inserts - this is the quickest and easiest way :) That's all :)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:19 - March 8, 2010

Posts 1860

Vlaimir, it is assumed that about the beginning inexperienced collector will take care of your wonderful resource))) prompts the obvious and save from annoying bugs ;-)

Aleks - Guest

10:59 - March 9, 2010

Thanks to all participants!

abraded tire I certainly do not need to repair and I did not intend to.

I will look at the clear picture wheel, but for now, for starters, buy a replica in 1941, it is more for the soul ...

faust - Maniac

Moscow

13:07 - March 9, 2010

674 posts

Message edited 13:08 - March 9, 2010 user faust

wondering if priperetsya in garantiyku with the artifact 33 years old, they will notice it? replace the insert and FSE .... although modern insert do not fit in my opinion. or put them on the replica.

yours_truly - Moderator

13:12 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1214

faust wrote:

Message edited 13:08 - March 9, 2010 user faust

wondering if priperetsya in garantiyku with the artifact 33 years old, they will notice it? replace the insert and FSE .... although modern insert do not fit in my opinion. or put them on the replica.

replica at a regular insert, just inside the bottom of what is - what kind of "step", because she is taller, so you need to compensate for the distance below the bottom of the insert to normal ... but the original, it seems, insert non-standard, "high" ...

faust - Maniac

Moscow

13:29 - March 9, 2010

674 posts

yours_truly writes:

replica at a regular insert, just inside the bottom of what is - what kind of "step", because she is taller, so you need to compensate for the distance below the bottom of the insert to normal ... but the original, it seems, insert non-standard, "high" ...

And, well, yes. forgot. interestingly, they will make sho ....

yours_truly - Moderator

13:41 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1214

Me will leave the original, and in return will give a new replica, the main thing that worked! :)))

faust - Maniac

Moscow

14:41 - March 9, 2010

674 posts

if they completely replace zazhimalku, that it will be possible to ask back?))) inserts after return)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

18:55 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1860

oniks1 writes:

Most likely, that the replica will not let ... In the best case - will be a normal lighter, just new. And still in doubt - as this process takes place in our environment ... And then just say it's a fake and did not give ...)))))))))

But you always want to hope for the best!

As I understand it, the Russian office only accepts the product for repair, after which it travels across the sea-okiya, where a decision is made whether to repair or replace, that is the case with quite cheap and simple handheld device not worth the trouble, the road is paid by the owner- means buy Zippo unpretentious and self-replacement inserts will cover those in the money, just do not wait)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

21:03 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1860

It is very possible I will not argue ... I just read the FAQ on the site of the service .. contact did not, for he was stopped by the fact that the device is expected for at least two weeks ... I bought Zippy and tore out her new insert, with an old worn-out wheel with a brand new building now enjoys my friend))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

22:10 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1860

It seems to work with Zippo D-Aych-El, not the Russian post, though I could be wrong, and have approximate dates, the very same way so they, like you, a colleague did not get, because with you our guesses are just guesses, which can confirm or refute those who actually use the services of the Moscow office of SP Zippo)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

22:57 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1860

About DNL first time such a review, scoop it and got the scoop, here even foreign firms operate in accordance with national traditions (((((

kypexin - Administrator

23:00 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1670

Well first, Zippo working with metal, not with the D-Aych-El :) Well, I mean that the postal service has nothing to do with it. I believe that something inside the United States by Zippo is sent to the client usual prioroty mail, nothing more. DHL generally expensive entertainment and is designed for large and expensive as things, not lighter.

Nascht repairs - of course, no one will not send! The local service center for service and then to fix right here. And then tell all that there can do is replace insert a new one and put a new loop by cold welding. Naturally no one to mess with a major renovation will not (well, in fairness to say. As in Bradford unlikely to offer more services than described).

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:06 - March 9, 2010

Posts 1860

Thank you, Vladimir - exhaustively))

faust - Maniac

Moscow

19:11 - 10 March 2010

674 posts

No, not exhaustively, for example, I did not understand what they will do if your artifact '33 inserts need to be replaced?

kypexin - Administrator

19:12 - 10 March 2010

Posts 1670

faust wrote:

No, not exhaustively, for example, I did not understand what they will do if your artifact '33 inserts need to be replaced?

They'll give you a new insert :)

faust - Maniac

Moscow

19:39 - 10 March 2010

674 posts

simply because it is different from the usual .... or they prepare for the future and all the varieties of intserta?

yours_truly - Moderator

19:52 - 10 March 2010

Posts 1214

I also really interesting to see how, in such cases will be on service :) although, perhaps, it is very rare ...

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

2 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 492

Members:

3516 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))