This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

How many will last?

ahtq4ertovubludok - Member

21:18 - 12 January 2012

Posts 14

Hello I have a petrol lighter (xs branded or not) and I updated the wick in it - put the original, put the original silicon, and gasoline Ronsonol.

How much does it all can last without replacement?

chelovekin - Member

21:21 - 12 January 2012

Posts 12

Flint - 1-2 weeks. gasoline (1-for sauce) - 2-6 days. wick - until about a month (and then you can cut). or something you specifically interested in?

chelovekin - Member

21:25 - 12 January 2012

Posts 12

chelovekin writes:

Flint - 1-2 weeks. gasoline (1-for sauce) - 2-6 days. wick - until about a month (and then you can cut). or something you specifically interested in?

Although, no, I got excited. probably will come to order more. I just kuryaga, and indeed around the fire to enjoy lighter!)

ahtq4ertovubludok - Member

21:28 - 12 January 2012

Posts 14

In in I have the same habit. I just want to have a reason to stop strike sharply. A wick is so little human? I'm shocked. It seems firm.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

21:38 - 12 January 2012

Posts 1323

The wick can last for years and ... The main thing is not to spoil it ... It's burning and almost ran out of fuel ... frequent use in strong winds ... low-quality fuel ... much to minimize these reasons and only the wick turns black, but will serve properly ... without pulling and trimming. Everything is in your hands!

faust - Maniac

Moscow

1:10 - January 13, 2012

674 posts

and the flint longer serves. two weeks is - is made of plastic.

kypexin - Administrator

8:18 - January 13, 2012

Posts 1670

chelovekin writes:

With good fuel trim the wick is not necessary than ever.

botas - Expert

21:33 - 13 January 2012

530 posts

kypexin writes:

chelovekin writes:

With good fuel trim the wick is not necessary than ever.

Taki did not. The wick is lit, and with it fades and the material it is made of them. The wick is just getting thinner and thinner. I have him circumcised do about once every six months. Use proprietary wick and fuel.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

22:32 - 13 January 2012

Posts 1323

Ure, but you can ask - why are you doing this? You're, like, a little smoke ...

And I have a lot of years ... And do not touch anything, not even brush my! And it works flawlessly! :)

botas - Expert

3:18 - January 14, 2012

530 posts

Message Edit 3:29 - January 14, 2012 Members botas

And all will run smoothly. There's nothing to break.

I remembered a friend who owned a Zippo with a year without trimming the wick once. Yes, Zippo ignited from her could even light a cigarette. And you know, looked like a wick? As a copper wire with a small remnant of something like a new wick.

Comrade already bursting into all the cracks of the fact that he did not cut in front of the wick so long. He was more than happy to even.

I do not understand the meaning of this joy.

I trimmed the wick in Zippo pulling every six months, in order that it is well on fire. Zippo SUSTAINABLE fire to give and not to show off the copper on wires.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

13:33 - 14 January 2012

Posts 1860

I trimmed the wick when it begins to light up sucks I'm too lazy to clean it, I have to almost do not burn out, and stupidly hammered flint chippings ends when gasoline spark sparkler as she is. But how often is not even timed, too, probably about once every half a year. How Buba Kastorsky: "Yes I have cleaned the shoes of this young man, and sometimes part of the net, sometimes rarely, when there was rain, I did not clean at all."

faust - Maniac

Moscow

2:43 - January 15, 2012

674 posts

I also cut the end of the wick preiodicheski. I do not like it when thin ...

faust - Maniac

Moscow

2:44 - January 15, 2012

674 posts

* Periodically

ha1r - New member

4:35 - January 17, 2012

Posts 5

the frequency of pruning is still dependent on gasoline fill shit if you can trim the wick, and even once every two weeks will have

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

3 Guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3441 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))