Search the forums:

The question of the authenticity of lighters

Deniss - Member

Engels

12:15 - 5 June 2012

Posts 53

Message edited 18:41 - June 5, 2012 user Deniss

Good afternoon.

Recently ordered from here the lighter Zippo Black Ice with engraving (performed directly by the store).

Began to doubt the authenticity because poloho stamped on an insert row (the last one), because the body is very dirty inside, and insert scratching, plus cover a little unsteady and scratches a windshield at closing. Maybe this is acceptable? Or is it a fake?

Below is a lot of photos. I hope you can help me =)

kypexin - Administrator

12:21 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1670

Everything is permissible. Lighter true.

Deniss - Member

Engels

18:46 - 5 June 2012

Posts 53

Message edited 18:51 - June 5, 2012 user Deniss

Clear. Thanks for the answer!

Also bespokoet also the fact that sometimes when you scroll the wheel as it were "jammed", you need to scroll it with the effort ... Flint original (complete).

And one more thing, so to speak, paranoid that if xA Since cover Black Ice - a thin coating, it quickly began to cover scratches. Is there obladatili lighters with the same surface? What it looks like over time?

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:40 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1860

The original flint usually begins to "stick" when coming to a close. If so, then the solution is obvious: to replace a new one if it is not, there is doubt as to the originality of the flint.

dreamwork - Expert

Ukraine

19:46 - 5 June 2012

203 posts

If the flint is new, and it will be a little pozaedaet. Covering black ice is cleared relatively quickly and began to lighten a little lighter.

Deniss - Member

Engels

20:08 - 5 June 2012

Posts 53

dreamwork writes:

Covering black ice is cleared relatively quickly and began to lighten a little lighter.

Interestingly, I think, particularly lighter look worse will not. Some write that she finds his "second" life ... But at that time at the expense of laser engraving (not officially)? I am in no boom boom, what's the thickness of the coating, and how deep the engraving itself. That is not a "get off" if she and Black ICEom?

kypexin - Administrator

20:12 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1670

Deniss writes:

dreamwork writes:

Covering black ice is cleared relatively quickly and began to lighten a little lighter.

Interestingly, I think, particularly lighter look worse will not. Some write that she finds his "second" life ... But at that time at the expense of laser engraving (not officially)? I am in no boom boom, what's the thickness of the coating, and how deep the engraving itself. That is not a "get off" if she and Black ICEom?

The depth of engraving by the way may be different, and it is necessary to ask those who inflicted it. By the way there is a small chance that with the coating it can really get down, or at least strongly rub off.

Deniss - Member

Engels

20:30 - 5 June 2012

Posts 53

Message edited 21:01 - June 5, 2012 Members

That's what I'm afraid of.

Reassure themselves that, as can be seen, metal (and by the way the body is made of what?) Bleached by laser, it hardly can be done with a thin, legkosterayuschimsya coating. And there is a roughness to the touch in engraving ...

kypexin - Administrator

20:36 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1670

Deniss writes:

Message edited 20:31 - June 5, 2012 user Deniss

Reassure themselves that, as can be seen, metal (and by the way the body is made of what?) Bleached by laser, it hardly can be done with a thin, legkosterayuschimsya coating. And there is a roughness to the touch in engraving ...

Brass body on top of her coat.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:43 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1860

Message edited 20:44 - June 5, 2012 user Gorynych5

kypexin writes:

Deniss writes:

Message edited 20:31 - June 5, 2012 user Deniss

Brass body on top of her coat.

It seems there is a double cover, first normal nikelerovanie (chrome) and then himself Black Ice. Not?

kypexin - Administrator

20:47 - 5 June 2012

Posts 1670

Gorynych5 writes:

Message edited 20:44 - June 5, 2012 user Gorynych5

It seems there is a double cover, first normal nikelerovanie (chrome) and then himself Black Ice. Not?

And that's what I do not know. Maybe the way!

Deniss - Member

Engels

20:42 - 6 June 2012

Posts 53

Message edited 20:58 - June 6, 2012 user Deniss

Gorynych5 writes:

Correct a little bit, in this case, the brass body triple coating: Stage 1 - nickel, then chrome (it's not the same thing), and finally, Black Ice layer (technology PVD).

Sources: here and here .

PS: I think to change the filler. Three days ago, it Newportom filled to capacity, the flames now lukewarm. Here now I think it best: regular wool or how many recommend a tampon? Big difference? Fortunately, there is someone skomunizdit ...

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:45 - 6 June 2012

Posts 1860

Deniss writes:

Gorynych5 writes:

Correct a little bit, in this case, the brass body triple coating: Stage 1 - nickel, then chrome (it's not the same thing), and finally, Black Ice layer (technology PVD).

Thank you, I will consider.)

Deniss - Member

Engels

16:44 - June 7, 2012

Posts 53

Taki natolkal in the lighter cotton swab from, only xs, will extend the life of a ... Purely tactile sensations, it is the same as the factory packing. When compared with the conventional (pharmacy) wool, this resembles sintipon. I think maybe because of the placement of fibers (one to one, rarely intertwine). Purely my opinion, see what happens in practice (pour Newport, in my town do not find the original, but there are in the nearby. Does it make sense for him to tear your ass?

chaa174 - Expert

16:57 - June 7, 2012

503 posts

Message edited 17:03 - June 7, 2012 user chaa174

you are my friend made me smile.

what a game like that and lighter.

if they do not hand curves and straight, for the second year, some bugs and glitches, that's what you want from the Zippo with their logo? it is all their karma gomosyachyu absorb. and shimming, kosyachny work, a sense of incompleteness ... nothing really reminded?

zvinyayte for offtopic, but no arguing against the truth.

coverage is relatively new, according to statistics, it is not normal. plus the constant change of technology is in the plant, refinement. but the strength of the promise is not particularly opportunistic classic.

engraving by the way normal people in the factory order. is it even worth nothing ;) but these are normal people ...

with cotton in Zippo not perverted, native packing in the control proved to be quite kosher. but in the IMCO result was evident. wadding tampon if its stuff without fanaticism sooo did significantly add capacity absorbs fuel. the most important thing is not to overdo it with the density. you need to find the middle ground where the density of wool just enough to keep the gasoline that it did not flow down, and felt this would help.

with gasoline sense to bother I do not see - how much has not changed newport the original ... well, better than the original sympathetic. cleaner and the color of the flame temperature can be higher ... for a couple of dozen :) enough for half a day longer ... :) in general the same thing only in profile. Only zippovsky benz from what it is worth 2.5 - 3 times more expensive.

Deniss - Member

Engels

17:10 - June 7, 2012

Posts 53

Heh heh, thanks for the reply =)

Not immediately doper that earlier post about the game it is ... thinking about Zippo manufacturing xD

Well, the taste and color, as the saying goes. I am satisfied with the game, it is time. And it is a gift - two =)

chaa174 - Expert

17:42 - June 7, 2012

503 posts

If a gift - it is better to determine not to bother.

So when I was given a replica of 1941 when I, too, saw the engraving was a little unhappy (I do not like all sorts of writing and painting). well as in functionality - Zippo and no one can take away.

yes, even when laying cotton wick advise and lay right - the "snake", passing between the layers of wool. wick will not burn if the flame is lit for a long time.

and gasoline. remembered once was a sinner - has filled some some poison to 30 re for butylek (zadolbalsya look normal - nowhere) - refueling is not strong enough and less time.

Deniss - Member

Engels

19:49 - June 7, 2012

Posts 53

chaa174 writes:

yes, even when laying cotton wick advise and lay right - the "snake", passing between the layers of wool. wick will not burn if the flame is lit for a long time.

That's me know right away so did, and then when you first open the wick in general was pinned in the corner of wool ...

chaa174 writes:

and gasoline. remembered once was a sinner - has filled some some poison to 30 re for butylek (zadolbalsya look normal - nowhere) - refueling is not strong enough and less time.

Not, God forbid, then another, and will stink that will have to change the whole pad. I will continue to use Newport.

kypexin - Administrator

9:14 - 8 June 2012

Posts 1670

Deniss writes:

Message edited 20:58 - June 6, 2012 user Deniss

Oh by the way. zippo.ru a long time ago already stole the material from this site including images, and do not even bother to put a link :))) http://zippocollector.ru/archives/2709

Nice, is not it? :)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

10:00 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1860

Message edited 10:01 - June 8, 2012 user Gorynych5

And this is not an isolated case. Met articles that have completely copied from our website, at other Russian and Ukrainian resursah.Paru once even entertained friends dialogue:

-Soooo, open the site hhhh.uuu, saw Silver Plate? I have this is.

-Just think, me too rare.

-You do not understand. It is a one to one. (Out of the box is removed and mashed Venitsiano offered for Comparison with photos)

-Huyasse. And if they sue?

-My name Don Quixote? Not that I know ...

something like that, yes ..

kypexin - Administrator

10:12 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1670

Yes, the materials that went all over the internet, this just is not surprising. I'm not even worried about it, it only tells about the quality :)

But the materials I stole RUSSIAN OFFICIAL WEBSITE ZIPPO!!!!!!!!!! (By the way there is the "all catalogs zippo" - it is also more than 20 files stolen from here: http://zippocollector.ru/zippo-catalogs ). Stolen = copied and delivered to the site without the link.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

10:14 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1860

kypexin writes:

Yes, the materials that went all over the internet, this just is not surprising. I'm not even worried about it, it only tells about the quality :)

But the materials I stole RUSSIAN OFFICIAL WEBSITE ZIPPO!!!!!!!!!! (By the way there is the "all catalogs zippo" - it is also more than 20 files stolen from here: http://zippocollector.ru/zippo-catalogs ). Stolen = copied and delivered to the site without the link.

RUSSIAN keyword))))))))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

12:33 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1860

kypexin writes:

I'm not even worried about it, it only tells about the quality :)

I absolutely agree. You Volodya and Moderator Vash_Truli lot of unique articles written in Russian. It is a pity that you do not have the time to lay out interesting items from AUCTION. With great interest I read, watched this rubric.

Deniss - Member

Engels

13:05 - June 8, 2012

Posts 53

Offtopic-question:

I want to buy a lighter zippo armour 169, are interested in two questions:

1) an insert made of brass or a sputtering?

2) is it possible to polish the casing from scratches, if not oxidized metal? Is there a protective coating?

If not difficult to advise a certified (!) Online store that would be pre-paid and delivery of "Mail of Russia"

Deniss - Member

Engels

13:07 - June 8, 2012

Posts 53

Message edited 13:49 - June 8, 2012 user Deniss

Or maybe there who sell lighters in stock is 169? Would not mind ...

Awaiting order here. Best store that found the more it is referenced by the official website and "Korolus."

And one more thing. I do not quite understand, not to cover Armorov Kotz swings? Specifically, in 169 model.

Just on different photos in different ways, there may be doing to her that this ... due to what the actual cap is maintained in this position?

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

13:41 - June 8, 2012

391 posts

The insert is simply napylenie.Korpus oxidized, even as oxidized.

Deniss - Member

Engels

13:52 - June 8, 2012

Posts 53

evenk writes:

The insert is simply napylenie.Korpus oxidized, even as oxidized.

And oxidation easy to polish? vsmysle need to polish on the disk \ by hand (well, GOI there or something like that ...), or enough cloth to rub the right.

I want to just such as it can be uncoated and the right time and the new zapolirovat =)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

13:58 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1860

You are probably not entirely true understand what Armor. Housing 1.5 times thicker, the material itself is the same as that with the same model type. Brass or silver model Sterling. Hinges and insert identical simple lighters.

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

13:58 - June 8, 2012

391 posts

Message edited 13:59 - June 8, 2012 user evenk

I, however, 168 Brushed Brass, a desire, I clean eraser, then soft tryapochkoy.Na some time saves packaging.

kypexin - Administrator

14:15 - June 8, 2012

Posts 1670

Deniss writes:

If not difficult to advise a certified (!) Online store that would be pre-paid and delivery of "Mail of Russia"

http://zippocollector.ru/discount

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

5 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 492

Members:

3655 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))