Forum about Zippo (ARCHIVE)

This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Zippo 1941. (Replica)

Dillinger - Guest

17:41 - April 1, 2009

Zdravstvuyte.Ya read your note about comparing models Zippo 1941 sovremennoy.Vernee otlichiyah.U me about them before that was already purchased a zazhigalka.Ne say that collect them, but I was very much drawn to the Internet staroe.Uvidel Zippo Model 1941 and kupil.Konechno when later then climb the sites and compared with the original of the time, the razocharovalsya.Da course, hull shape, quantity holes is all for it ... a modern wheel, the plate under the wick without bending stamp on insert also does not correspond to vremeni.Ne know, but if the company announces the release of copies of lighters in 1941, then they have to comply with those issued in 1941, the year.

kypexin - Administrator

18:46 - April 1, 2009

1670 posts

Well actually 100% th match in detail between the original and the copy of the promise it would be strange - it is no accident some serial parts lighter (the same wheel, and springs, etc.) since 1941 has seriously changed. In the development of the same new wheel company Zippo in 1950 invested about $ 300,000 - and all for the sake of longer life and greater reliability (old wheels wear out quickly)! Specifically to restore the production of all the old parts would be quite expensive, imagine how much would then cost an exact copy :) So this model follows the original in general, the main feature, but it is still a modern filling. It as a model, for example, the phone "antique" - similar in appearance, and filling it will still sovremennnaya. The company Zippo, at least, repeated in this replica 1941 hull form, and this is the main external difference :)

Dillinger. - Member

19:34 - April 1, 2009

94 posts

Yeah, that's right here, I just thought that the old parts can remain in storage and then be used in production.

ded - Guest

20:20 - April 7, 2009

On the original military Sipo 1941, which by the way, came with the American stew (1 in box) have a line, I'm on the internet I can not find the photos, what would it look this line, help who knows!)

Incidentally, this is credible information, and I was told at the flea market, and the grandson of the owner, who brought it to the Second World War, is now showing all just out of his hands, keeps in a safe))) I do it, unfortunately, did not see, the current accounts of the granddaughter)))

solobok - Member

4:12 - 8 April 2009

109 posts

Dillinger wrote:

Zdravstvuyte.Ya read your note about comparing models Zippo 1941 sovremennoy.Vernee otlichiyah.U me about them before that was already purchased a zazhigalka.Ne say that collect them, but I was very much drawn to the Internet staroe.Uvidel Zippo Model 1941 and kupil.Konechno when later then climb the sites and compared with the original of the time, the razocharovalsya.Da course, hull shape, quantity holes is all for it ... a modern wheel, the plate under the wick without bending stamp on insert also does not correspond to vremeni.Ne know, but if the company announces the release of copies of lighters in 1941, then they have to comply with those issued in 1941, the year.

I also differences disappointing. But, on the other hand, here, and the excitement begins collector: learning about the replica, I'll definitely want to get it just because it is "cooler" than the usual modern form. Learning about the incompleteness in the replica copy - set out to find the original. Having learned that they are with the wrong patent stamp - wanted to find it "wrong." And so on. Laugh Probably, this develops a taste: in search of an "unusual" and "present." The next step, by the way, was the search for the old, and even hand-decorated or engraved Zippo. Have not seen the old silver Zippo Italian with colored enamel? Incredible beauty, but from the factory there is only paste. Housing - product jeweler and artist, but ... this is not a product, it is - a masterpiece.

ded - Guest

6:51 - 8 April 2009

Dear users, I would like to see a picture of tickers or kollichesvto great photos of the 1941 model year Zippo! In etomkto-anything can help!)

kypexin - Administrator

10:14 - April 8, 2009

1670 posts

ded, I honestly do not really understand what "ticker" speech can explain?

Photo Zippo 1941-45 can be seen here: http://zippocollector.ru/archi ..... es/tag/ww2 or here: http://zippocollector.com/ or here: http://zippogallery.com/WWII. htm

Dillinger. - Member

13:14 - April 8, 2009

94 posts

solobok writes:

I also differences disappointing. But, on the other hand, here, and the excitement begins collector: learning about the replica, I'll definitely want to get it just because it is "cooler" than the usual modern form. Learning about the incompleteness in the replica copy - set out to find the original. Having learned that they are with the wrong patent stamp - wanted to find it "wrong." And so on. Laugh Probably, this develops a taste: in search of an "unusual" and "present." The next step, by the way, was the search for the old, and even hand-decorated or engraved Zippo. Have not seen the old silver Zippo Italian with colored enamel? Incredible beauty, but from the factory there is only paste. Housing - product jeweler and artist, but ... this is not a product, it is - a masterpiece.

Italian I do not know about, never videl.A way if you have a desire and time to upload pictures of his collection, it would be very interesting to see! Cool

ded - Guest

20:19 - April 8, 2009

kypexin writes:

ded, I honestly do not really understand what "ticker" speech can explain?

Photo Zippo 1941-45 can be seen here: http://zippocollector.ru/archi ..... es/tag/ww2 or here: http://zippocollector.com/ or here: http://zippogallery.com/WWII. htm

That's it, you're all you link to Zippo in 1941, just as I am interested in photography because of the Zippo has been in boxes with canned meat, one at the box, it was a banner, because the cover Sipo (including replication) 1941 folds at 180 degrees. Looking for this picture, who knows, help!)

kypexin - Administrator

20:37 - April 8, 2009

1670 posts

I have to be honest I never heard and never in my life seen a Zippo banner (if you're referring to a ruler to measure the length) - so it is a line or a homemade stamped, or it was not a Zippo :)

ded - Guest

22:48 - April 8, 2009

I have a friend, his grandfather's such power, he lives far away and pictures of hard to do so, and even in the flea market told Ragman, said that its prices start at $ 500, it does not Sell Now, it during WWII mans box stew for amerianskoy Army! in general this is a very expensive Zippy!) well, you know, could not have two svoershenno different, independent, and at a distance of 5000 km from each other sources trick with a difference of 2 months)))

kypexin - Administrator

22:53 - April 8, 2009

1670 posts

Yeah, I'm not saying that they cheated :) I just never seen such a Zippo in any debt collection site, in any book, at any auction. That this does not make the firm Zippo, I'm at 99%. "Ragman" is from some markets, I do not believe at all :) So, you know, I would be happy to help, and so on, but without the pictures - alas, I will not help anything. Zippo collectors of such a model is unknown :)

solobok - Member

1:25 - 9 April 2009

109 posts

Message edited 1:30 - April 9, 2009 By solobok

Dillinger. writes:

Italian I do not know about, never videl.A way if you have a desire and time to upload pictures of his collection, it would be very interesting to see! Cool

Time is, but there is no desire, standard spread no sense. :) And the old exclusive yet I have little reason not to show off. Here podnakoplyu more war, then ... This is now my "theme" - the military zippo. Now thinking about the Korean War. Before I look for Africa 40's, then Normandy and Iceland. Yes, and Vietnam would like to add more. For example, the Ya-Drang 1965 "Garry Owen" was not just a star ... light a collection of it - and to review once again, "We Were Soldiers" ...

About Italian: samples can be found on sites like this. These lighters actually be called "Italian", because it makes their body actually Italian jewelers. Sometimes the old building covered with a kind of "salary", and sometimes completely replaced. There are also often had meetings with silver Japanese Buddhist deities and / or Shinto or landscape: Fuji, temples, boats with fishermen, etc. This stuff navezli many soldiers returning from the occupation of Japan in the second half of the forties. There are similar "yuvelirkoy" Mexican, Burmese, etc. And all it ever wants to get hold of the collection, at least one sample of ... Collecting - a great and effective stimulus to get a large (accent over the "O" or "I" - optional) money. And I'm not kidding.

kypexin writes:

Zippo collectors of such a model is unknown :)

Yeah, this mythology zippo ... precisely, myth-making. One guy told me that he himself had seen the first model zippo, which has no insert is removed and the hole for filling - right at the bottom. I had even then it never occurred to ask, "flint her as me?"

Skald - Guest

11:19 - April 9, 2009

To the distinguished Kuryokhin.

And by the way could you do a review of the differences in the spirit of 1941 from the usual replica lighters on the differences between replicas and genuine lighters 38-41 years?

kypexin - Administrator

11:41 - April 9, 2009

1670 posts

I can not. Will do :)

Skald - Guest

12:11 - April 9, 2009

Thank you! It will be interesting =)

botas - Expert

3:03 - April 11, 2009

530 posts

Message edited 4:31 - April 11, 2009 By botas

Oh, Replica 1941 ... I could not pass by you today.

Watched for a long time. Bought. Brushed Brass.

Good. Direct end sides, rough side: very good in the hand (kyrexin, thanks for the tip :)) In the shop was also a 1941 Replica Brushed Chrome, twirled in his hand and no longer considered. Because it was the year 2007, and Brushed Brass - 2005 (preference to older by the date of issue). And like yellow.

Copper spraying replicate interesting feels - as if even older her face darkens rapidly on exposure plus specific heavy brass smell (which is an amateur, I would say is not used) - the feeling that she was not 5 years and 20 years. Well, the 4-link hinge, 7 holes windscreens and wheel-through riveting confirm it, even pseudo, but retro-uniqueness. Oh, I forgot, also stamped on the ass by "that" time of course :)

PS

It turns out that in-HETE may be found, and "waterproof" Zippo.

Quote:

"1941 REPLICA ™ HAND SATIN - Sterling (silver 925) Silver

Zippo. 1941 REPLICA ™ HAND SATIN different from today's familiar to all light waterproof Zippo. This model - Zippo lighters copy 1941 release. It has more rounded corners and flat sides. Cover attached to the base by chetyrehbarrelovogo rod, as well as in the project in 1941 (in today's cigarette lighters replaced it pyatibarrelovy rod)

The internal structure is almost completely copied from the original.

1941 REPLICA ™ HAND SATIN comes in original cardboard boxes "

In both. . I want a simple, reliable, easy to waterproof Zippo pyatibarrelovym rod. But to light at least%)

Golden-Joker - Maniac

17:35 - 11 April 2009

856 posts

ehh, it's waterproof tsonechno cool Cool . so imagine swim, swim, swim out to the land has got to take a cigarette from the short wet Zippo and snip! ....... off Surprised

botas - Expert

17:31 - 12 April 2009

530 posts

Message edited 17:34 - April 12, 2009 By botas

Golden-Joker wrote:

so swim, swim, swim out to the land has got to take a cigarette from the short wet Zippo and snip! ....... off Surprised

Now here I thought ... So it is after 2 rounds of tape on the joint housing and the cover itself is ...

Experts, tell: what symbolizes drawing on the box in 1941?

This is not a pastiche Barcroft case? Or what can a house?

The meaning of "A Week's Trial - Then All The While" - sort of understandable.

http://studioshowroom.com/zipp ..... etal2.html

kypexin - Administrator

19:21 - 12 April 2009

1670 posts

Good question about the picture ... I never thought about it :) Just a picture on the box was a Zippo from the beginning, in 1933. But that means I'll try to look :)

Dillinger. - Member

14:49 - 13 April 2009

94 posts

And in what boxes go replica 35 and 37 years? In exactly the same or there is a change ...

kypexin - Administrator

0:17 - April 15, 2009

1670 posts

Model 1937 is used to be in this (or in the usual plastic)

replica 1935 - it has a box with Varga Girl, in fact, a copy of the box as it was in 1935

solobok - Member

0:36 - April 15, 2009

109 posts

Saw on eBay a couple of times a replica 1941 "Black krekl." There is a flat-bottomed, which is stamped in gold rectangle (even in a shop next to the house saw it, but by that time I already got this, not inspired), but there were even black convex bottom. When closed, the generally indistinguishable from the original, but still insert in the new model, unfortunately, as in all replicas. And those and others saw the enclosed box - paper copies of the Second World War. I understand that those with convex bottom - again, for the Japanese market, however, is not so sure.

kypexin - Administrator

1:02 - April 15, 2009

1670 posts

Yes, it's "Japanese" is likely rampant :) :)

Golden-Joker - Maniac

22:38 - 31 May 2009

856 posts

They did a fantastic in this matter Laugh

solobok - Member

5:07 - June 1, 2009

109 posts

One real positive result of our discussions already see: again began to use his replica, which until then once more the first month lay "dry." Now again went to the "rotation." And I told her happy! Still, what else is said about the original or non-compliance, and in his hand and I work 41-replica is very pleasant!

Golden-Joker - Maniac

0:27 - June 2, 2009

856 posts

I do not know how to work, I think in printsepe not much different, although there are nuances, but in the hand obsolyutno agree, is very pleased to Smile

Alexander - Guest

19:23 - March 3, 2011

can anyone knows how to tell a real lighter 40s from the fake, saw an Internet ad to sell this, but for a real rarity price seemed a bit too low. Here is the link to it: http://www.avito.ru/items/mosk y_23022627 ..... thanks in advance for your reply.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

20:32 - March 3, 2011

674 posts

Ð ° Ð »ÐμÐ º ÑÐ ° Ð ½ Ð'Ñ writes:

can anyone knows how to tell a real lighter 40s from the fake, saw an Internet ad to sell this, but for a real rarity price seemed a bit too low. Here is the link to it: http://www.avito.ru/items/mosk y_23022627 ..... thanks in advance for your reply.

No, this is not the WWII

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

20:54 - March 3, 2011

1323 posts

And Zippo it anyway ... :))

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

8 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2287 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))