Search
Search in forums:

A dream come true idiot. :-)

Merqury - Member

Samara, Russian Federation

18:38 - 19 March 2010

141 posts

Message edited 22:12 - March 19, 2010 by Merqury

Well, gentlemen, comrades, I understand that it is not according to the letter, because the Spirit, if Zippo is more than one - it is some no, and collection. :-) So make the ranks.

Finally, to my Streeet Chrome 207 E 06, having served faithfully for more than 3 years old girlfriend arrived - a brand new G 08 24 190 Diner (insert F 08). In reality, of course, a collector of lighters difficult to call me - I am a Zippo as purely utilitarian things necessary (since it is homo smoking), failure-free (confirmed by field experience in a variety of weather and climate conditions), reliable and neubivaemoy (in Hockey, of course, she did not play :-), but regular visits to nature and a few drops to unplanned work quality is not affected.) For what, in fact, appreciate. The first lighter was presented to me (selected without me.) Decided to get hold of a second is not because of a sudden attack of consumerism or collector's itch - just gained three years of experience to use and knowledge about the vast universe Zippo already enabled with feeling, really choose a sample "for themselves." There is, of course, in turn went on more aesthetic considerations. :-)

So the revelation of man, "discovered" for myself in 1941 replica - suddenly be useful for someone. First impression - good, devil! :-) At absolutely identical regular Zippe linear dimensions and seemingly only slightly different form, is perceived quite differently. Theme of "vintage" was opened, so to speak, of Bradford designers have succeeded in full. Explain in words what's the trick - impossible, must be seen. :-) Basically, the photos give some idea, but live to striking effect, especially when put next to compare the ordinary Zippo. The thing flat "sides" replicas. Although the overall body width has not changed, by flattening the ends are slightly wider than the front, and that the increase in absolute numbers, in fact, tiny, visually it is very noticeable and determines the look of lighters, along with large corner radii. Visual cue immediately appear wider and lower than the ordinary Zippo, with a larger proportion in the cover (in fact, of course, it is not). Hence the feeling that the more lighter and heavier, even when you take the two together and realize that the weight is almost identical. Yes, for the purists :-) special note - the cover is opened, I almost (like position) 180 degrees, most drop does not reach. However, due to tight cam and spring again firmly seated inserts, the last 45 degrees turn tight enough, because the cam cover when folded starts prizhimaetsya close to the loop and "retard" its course. What touching loops - impresses more reliable than the usual "pyatizvenka." By reducing the count of units each gets wider, which, potentially, is to reduce the effect of loosening the subsequent cover by less backlash and greater durability of the system. Moreover, as I understand it, the replica has not touched the incident in 2005, whether that was the narrowing of the loop at all, "pyatizvenkah" so that my two lighters difference in this parameter is almost good millimeter in favor of the 41st. But it is "going to see" service experience everything in its place.

Covering brashed chrom - what can we say? Simpatishno looks, in terms of the surface is heavily soiled worse "straight." But why, why (?) On all polished (thank you, Arthur!) Zippo (any brashed, chrome arch, herringbone sweep) sides make high polished? Only satin chrome and straight as far as I know, have a uniform "haze" on all sides (any color cover, by itself, is not considered). So, unconsciously all the time you struggle with remaining at the ends of the fingerprints and other "domestic waste". The only advantage of this, and it is in respect of ploskobokih replicas - side face can be used quite successfully as a makeshift mirror (not yet zatsarapaetsya). :-)

In his hands is also a completely different (for a man who is used to form the standard Zippo). Even in the tactile sensations there is this very "vintage", which can not be formulated and explained. "But it is" (c) :-) Maybe today rounded and streamlined devices and gadgets "ergonomic shape" over chopped and "pogrubevshie", released by the edges, contours cues cause a vague recollection of something "out of those times. " From a practical point of view (subjective, of course): hold (when drawn, lights a) convenient - clearly recorded in the fingers by plane faces, simply twist-turn - on the contrary, the corners of the way. If an ordinary Zippo - is a "remnant", the replica 1941 rather a "brick". Good or bad - personally I have not decided, yet a few days to a mutual "grinding." :-) But for those going for the first time to buy a 1941-th after using Zipp normal shape, I would suggest if possible ask for any replica in the store, or with friends, and to start "poshshupat" a couple of minutes - the difference in really noticeable, and some people may not come "at hand."

In terms of inserts - here, of course, the differences are minimal from the regular season, on the lack of the two holes in the windshield and through the rivet kelesika eyes only if he stops this recall. :-) Design "pipe" closed loop, as the historical prototype certainly would add charm, but do not forget about standardization and, again, rationalization, modernization has been done - done on purpose. :-) Someone mentioned a few worst "wind resistance" 14-hole lighters - in this respect I can not yet say for the moment is not any significant difference noted. Like just ignited and burns like normal. Insert sits tight enough (I suspect because of the same "Rectification" shape, inserts a priori ploskobokih replicas should have a tight fit), the tendency to fly out and does not show the slightest (my first lighter already rather loose, can not find the what- we do against it.)

That's, like, all I wanted to say. Summing up all the scribbling - happy with acquisition Aki elephant! :-) Received, in general, everything expected and more. :-) Here, I go, slowly getting used to, simultaneously fighting the eternal paranoia to new things (always wipe, blow away the dust, afraid to drop or scratch). Still inclined to think that while leave Diner "for the city," and in "field conditions" will take veteran Street Chrome. :-)

Pictures do not spread - Lighter quite a regular, if desired, each finds the more flat Wait is in the "postpereezd / repair" and search the piles of things digicam - and well it to his mother ... :-)

There is a question, mainly to a colleague Cyrus recently bummed a Zippo - in which box it came? It seems like a replica of 1941 should be especially gray boxes, too replica "those days." I received the usual black (not that that depicts stylized "dyrdochki", but labeled Zippo and raised impression diamonds). The bottom part, that's exactly my (at least, Bar code label back), but I suspect that it is something for all types of Zipp is the same, but I can cover in a shop to replace Sinister ... :-) Or am I wrong?

For sim otklanivayus, sincerely yours, Merqury ...

PS Something recently wanted even some with Zippo Engraving ornament ... If the father digs his old Venetian - expropriates (he does not use it, did not work out between him and Benzinka relationship). And then would have some with enamel ... Hell, it's contagious ... :-)

faust - Maniac

Moscow

18:51 - 19 March 2010

674 posts

congratulations, fellow!)))
PS. Eatery is engraved or painted?

KIR - Member

Ufa

19:04 - 19 March 2010

110 posts

Everything, right from the box, you will not be lying)) I have everything exactly the same as you describe, that pictures of my lighter (I apologize in advance for the quality - MOBILE :)

That's actually my copy)) But it is in his "coffin" on the shelf, I do not use it for its intended purpose. )) I agree with you about the replica of 1941. She seemed nicer in your hand is sitting on another. But I'm still on povsednevku favor classic Zippo.

I do not know about how you do, but I cover itself does not cast a 180 and freezes, the middle photo is visible. Apparently it is not designed)) She's should fully recline as far as I know, and click on the body one more time? My Lighter also produced in 2008, June-July (insert-body).

You should not cave in to a changing world, it's better he sag under us ... (c)

Merqury - Member

19:04 - 19 March 2010

141 posts

Message edited 19:04 - March 19, 2010 by Merqury

faust wrote:

congratulations, fellow!)))
PS. Eatery is engraved or painted?

Thank you very much! :-)

Like a laser etching in filling paint. That the engraving - at precisely because it pleased. Drawings must be prepared practically eternal. Yes, and "historically and ideologically" correct. :-)

KIR - Member

Ufa

19:07 - 19 March 2010

110 posts

faust, this engraving.

faust - Maniac

Moscow

19:17 - 19 March 2010

674 posts

Thank you)))

yours_truly - Moderator

19:33 - 19 March 2010

1214 posts

Merqury writes:

Message edited 18:40 - March 19, 2010 by Merqury

It seems like a replica of 1941 should be especially gray boxes, too replica "those days." I received the usual black (not that that depicts stylized "dyrdochki", but labeled Zippo and raised impression diamonds). The bottom part, that's exactly my (at least, Bar code label back), but I suspect that it is something for all types of Zipp is the same, but I can cover in a shop to replace Sinister ... :-) Or am I wrong?

For sim otklanivayus, sincerely yours, Merqury ...

PS Something recently wanted even some with Zippo Engraving ornament ... If the father digs his old Venetian - expropriates (he does not use it, did not work out between him and Benzinka relationship). And then would have some with enamel ... Hell, it's contagious ... :-)

Anton, your Zippo catalog of Choice Catalog 2007-2008, which was considered to mark the 75th anniversary - anniversary of the company, so basically almost all models of Zippo catalog of this issue during the year were sold in the box that you have with Cyrus - there is a singular surface even in the form of rhombs, as you noticed. And you're right, usually 41 replicas sold in the gray boxes.

About Zippo collectors. Even a man like you, with his sober approach to all things, when you can fully explain the reason for each of your choice of a thing, with its characteristic practicality, especially, may not be able to avoid zippomanii! I feel as you slowly get infected :))) Well, where did you get away! :)

yours_truly - Moderator

19:39 - 19 March 2010

1214 posts

Oh well, thank you for sharing experiences, once again Congratulations! Shoot, if it's so described their impressions of each of his Zippo, it would have appeared in our novels and short stories! :) But it is certainly great! well done! :)

PS I also wanted to remark! : (

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

20:25 - 19 March 2010

391 posts

I am the owner of three replicas 1941 goda.Chto can say is ... I once did they not inspired, navernoe.Da-good, but interesting, yes-form markedly different and much more all the "yes." As a collector's item- just great (and my se is). Very nice to get, look, wipe with a cloth, etc. But for every day use, ZIPPO modern form, perhaps, for me as a blizhe.I in hand seemingly pleasant lies, and the feeling that it is more convenient polzovatsya.Vse is, of course, my personal opinion.

slay - Expert

20:48 - 19 March 2010

458 posts

evenk writes:

I am the owner of three replicas 1941 goda.Chto can say is ... I once did they not inspired, navernoe.Da-good, but interesting, yes-form markedly different and much more all the "yes." As a collector's item- just great (and my se is). Very nice to get, look, wipe with a cloth, etc. But, for every day use, ZIPPO modern form, perhaps, for me as a blizhe.I in hand seems to be nicer to lie , and the feeling that it is more convenient to use. All this, of course, my personal opinion.

can of habit =)

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

21:09 - 19 March 2010

391 posts

Message edited 22:17 - March 19, 2010 by evenk

can of habit =)

It's not that out of habit, but for me a replica 1941, rather collector's item. Probably it is best to say.

botas - Expert

20:56 - 20 March 2010

530 posts

Message edited 23:15 - March 20, 2010 by botas

Mercury, congratulations on the acquisition! Excellent review!

By the way, the owners of replica-41 question. On my replica (Brushed brass, E 05) at the point where a normal lighters 8 hole in the windshield, there is a small point: that drill, touched the metal, but no further drill. From both sides. There are on your P-41 such points?

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

21:17 - 20 March 2010

1323 posts

Yes, Jur ... for my 2-41's replicas (both in '08, D and F), such points are. But it is clear, "drill" it was ... "zapilennoe" what-if ...))) It's like a thin pencil drew a circle, around a millimeter in diameter ... I had to look at it in a good light ... with "nightlight" does not even notice ...

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

22:37 - 20 March 2010

391 posts

botas writes:

Message edited 20:58 - March 20, 2010 by botas

On my replica (Brushed brass, E 05) at the point where a normal lighters 8 hole in the windshield, there is a small point: that drill, touched the metal, but no further drill. From both sides. There are on your P-41 such points?

Similarly, there are marks where more where there is less, but still noticeable.

KIR - Member

Ufa

10:35 - 21 March 2010

110 posts

At its not found)) All perfectly smooth.

Merqury - Member

12:43 - 21 March 2010

141 posts

Yes, in fact, visible otmetinki. It seems that when the bend billet inserts on the mandrel, there are some technological projections that if, in place of all the holes (and use a common mandrel for a replica and replica 1941, 1935, where 16 holes), and some traces remain. Hell knows ... :-)

KIR, look closely, in good light in the slanting light. As if there's just two more opaque circular area than the surrounding surface.

Merqury - Member

10:02 - 23 March 2010

141 posts

Add another 5 cents to the review - go with a replica of the past few days, it's almost used to it. :-)

In terms of its differences from the standard Zippo - original bid, even without considering the effect of a double click (I have it still does not appear - cover tightly walks in the open position, lacking a cam forces hit her about the case) 41st sounds like fail, more muffled. While, on the other hand, maybe I am guided by his old lighter - it's pretty resounding, for cover already blabbed ka follows sounded like when it was new, I do not remember ...

It is interesting in this regard would be to listen to the clicks Vintage 1938-1941 Zippo's in a good state of preservation, as people imagined the famous Zippo click in those years ... :-)

On windshield - a sense that it actually works slightly worse than the 16-hole, not to go out in the wind lighter willingly, simply go to the flame is stronger and more motylyaetsya of gusts as if traction is not as good. But this is a delicate matter, since a lot of other interfering factors related primarily to the wick, its length, laying on the inserts, etc., can form windbreaks and nothing to do at all ...

By the way, anyone know any reason for the transition in time Zippo for 14 holes? Initially because it was 16, and 16 have returned fairly quickly afterwards, probably something not happy in the new scheme ...

Sincerely yours, Merqury ...

kypexin - Administrator

10:06 - 23 March 2010

1670 posts

Merqury writes:

By the way, anyone know any reason for the transition in time Zippo for 14 holes? Initially because it was 16, and 16 have returned fairly quickly afterwards, probably something not happy in the new scheme ...

I think that no one knows for sure :)

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

10:53 - 23 March 2010

391 posts

In terms of its differences from the standard Zippo - a kind of click

Yes, indeed, I thought so too, has already paid the purchase many great other replicas as if in a different sound, although maybe I'm wrong.

kypexin - Administrator

10:58 - 23 March 2010

1670 posts

Yes, it's true :) I 1941 more low tone click, significantly different from the conventional models.

Merqury - Member

11:27 - 23 March 2010

141 posts

Apparently, the shape of the lid gives the acoustics, the less sound comes out, more pereotrazhaetsya inside.

yours_truly - Moderator

13:16 - 23 March 2010

1214 posts

kypexin writes:

Yes, it's true :) I 1941 more low tone click, significantly different from the conventional models.

I do not particularly surprised by this, since it is in principle different from the normal Zippo, even externally. I had here did not know that Zippo can take several forms (replica 32, 35 ...) and when I saw them for the first time, I thought that this is what - that zippopodobnye lighters, such sveogo kind of being a Zippo! when he saw the 41 general thought - it is a human? :)) Was Zippo! :)

slay - Expert

16:56 - 23 March 2010

458 posts

But I'm too =) before did not know that there is such a huge variety of classic Zipp! And so when I discovered that there is such a form as in 41, 37 replicas so all my surprise there was no limit!

41 replica is completely different compared to the classics - the form, windscreen, even a double-click (well, mostly) and it turns out the other key! That's really really unusual model! Как только появяться лишние средства обязательно приобрету себе такую!=)

Merqury - Member

17:43 - Март 23, 2010

141 posts

Что-то у меня прям агитационный обзор получился… :-)

yours_truly - Moderator

18:52 - Март 23, 2010

1214 posts

Merqury writes:

Something I turned straight propaganda review ... :-)

Anton, if you noticed, there is only a subject and start campaigning emerge by themselves :)

as they say, and do not require a lot :)

Merqury - Member

19:19 - 21 April 2010

141 posts

Message edited 19:23 - April 21, 2010 by Merqury

Ну что, прошёл, грубо говоря, месяц эксплуатации, “полёт нормальный”, можно подвести определённые итоги. :-)

Зажигалка окончательно “обкурилась”, как трубочники выражаются, пообтёрлась, приработалась, стала настоящей “рабочей лошадкой”. Использую её как повседневную, привык целиком и полностью, до сих пор, прикуривая, любуюсь - всё же, есть что-то такое в 41-й, душа какая-то особенная, что ли… :-) Тактильные ощущения стали привычными, обыкновенная Зиппа кажется теперь какой-то “обмылочной” и вертлявой в пальцах. :-) Да и визуально, в ординарных чего-то теперь не хватает, кажутся попсовыми и обыкновенными… Вот они, чудеса продакт-плэйсмента. :-)

Страхи насчёт уязвимости покрытия оказались напрасными, но тут сразу говорю - с ключами и гвоздями в один карман я и старый “стрит хром” старался по возможности не совать, вещи стоит-таки беречь, какие б неубиваемые они ни были. :-) Труба и внутренние стенки крышки, как водится, подстесались от открываний-закрываний, такая уж это конструктивная фича, ничего не попишешь. Пока, конечно, судить рановато, но в целом 4-звенная петля реплики пока ведёт себя куда лучше, чем 5-звенка ординарки - после покупки слегка разработалась, само-собой, но все люфты, я бы даже сказал, люфтики “в пределах погрешностей”, чему отчасти помогает кажущаяся большая упругость пружины кулачка, по сравнению с моей старой зажигалкой. Возможно, тут не в пружине дело, а в плотной посадке инсерта 41-й в корпусе - спасибо сечению со спрямлёнными гранями. Кстати, по сравнению с “нулёвым” состоянием клик стал позвончей (а может, это я привык уже). :-)

Отдельная песня - колёсико. В принципе, не секрет, что Зиппо время от времени вносит в конструктив незначительные изменения и коррективы, зачастую, возможно, и незаметные для обычного пользователя. Тут у меня сложилось впечатление, что в 2008 году ставили более “злые” кресала, чем в 2006. И на ощупь, и в работе. Зачастую, достаточно лёгкого страгивания, буквально прохождения одной-двух рисок по кремню для нормального поджига. Допускаю, что “дефолтный” кремень мягче продаваемого в упаковках - скушался он в ноль за месяц, в моей небогатой практике такими аппетитами отличалось лишь творение сумрачного тевтонского гения - Имка. Да и фитиль засирался уж очень бодрыми темпами, успел два раза за месяц подрезать, так что как раз к окончанию четвёртой заправки приурочил регламентные работы со сменой фитиля (и прокладкой его внутри по человечески, а не как обычно в Бредфорде второпях суют, что он вечно вокруг ваты обкручивается и не вытягивается :-) ), вдумчивой чисткой и попыткой, после заправки сухой зажигалки, прикинуть расход топлива, для каковых целей, по примеру более опытных товарищей, был недавно приобретён шприц (кстати, в самом деле, куда удобнее и “гигиеничнее” стало заправлять). Залил 7 кубов, теперь будем посмотреть, сколько вытянет.

Зажигалка, однако, со своих темпераментом. :-) Старая мой “боевая подруга” всю жизнь была немного раздолбайкой - люфтящая, с вылезающим инсертом, зажигающаяся не всегда с первого раза - но зато, если уж зажглась - пламя столбом, только брови убирай. :-) О подходе к концу бензина сигнализировала настойчиво, частыми “холостыми” поджигами - но уже когда действительно на сутки паров осталось.

Новая же - этакая интеллигенция, “белая кость”: крышка открывается с приятной упругой ленцой, клик аристократически сдержан, поджиг обычно безотказный, от лёгкого движения (причём, не любит, когда резко второпях колёсико рвёшь: лучше помедленнее на небольшой угол, деликатно - тогда “искрА, так искрА”), пламя трепетно-нервное (тут всё же сказывается, похоже, 14-дырочная труба - в плане “незатухаемости” всё так же замечательно, как и у обычной, но вот ложится пламя на ветру плашмя охотнее, чувствуется недостаток тяги), когда начинается топливное голодание - нет-нет, да вежливо напомнит о себе редким неподжигом, как будто извиняясь, но сильно заранее, и пытается гореть “до победного”, уж если перестала зажигаться - то всё, кранты бензину.

Вот и думай после этого о “сути вещей”. :-) Могу только представить, какое разнообразие характеров можно наблюдать в большой коллекции…

Резюмирую: о своём выборе нисколько не сожалею, могу порекомендовать каждому иметь “в стойле” хотя б одну реплику 1941 - для “приобщения к легенде”, говорю спасибо этому форуму и тебе, Владимир, лично, за то, что окончательно помогли определиться и утвердиться. :-)

Dixi.

Sincerely yours, Merqury…

KIR - Member

Ufa

18:13 - Апрель 22, 2010

110 posts

Чтоьы фитиль не прогорал, щас пуляю в зажигалку по 5.5 мл каждые 4-5 дней, вроде нормально ))) ПРивык уже как-то, по самому пламени знаю когда нужно долить. Что касается укладки фитиля, то абсолютно с Вами согласен, каждую купленную зиппо лучше сразу-же перебрать, заменить стандартную набивку на нормальную хирургическую вату, правильно положить фитиль, плотно заполнить ватой.

PS Стеклянный шприц-дозатор купили? :)

slay - Expert

18:48 - Апрель 22, 2010

458 posts

а чем отличается нормальная хирургическая вата от стандартной набивки зиппо? зачем менять то?=)

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

20:37 - Апрель 22, 2010

391 posts

Не очень понимаю,зачем в новых ZIPPO перебирать набивку,перекладывать фитиль,что станет лучше- то? Две купленные полгода назад зажигалки заправил как есть-пламя нормальное,топливо держат 10-12 дней,что ещё нужно?

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

21:11 - Апрель 22, 2010

1323 posts

evenk writes:

…что ещё нужно?..

Вероятно, романтика… )))) Вложить “свои” руки, может немного души… :) “Я так думаю…” :)))))

PS Сам так никогда не поступаю… Следую принципу - не трогай технику и она не подведёт… )))))

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

3 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2718 участников

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))