This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

cotton stuffing

slay - Expert

1:51 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

Well, I never thought that the whole =))

No, of course, no secrets in the original wool there =)) Just proud of our Russian wit me =) We will not be gone =))

yours_truly - Moderator

1:54 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

slay writes:

We will not be gone =))

I hope :) and resuscitation other lighters on vintagelighters.ru clear proof! there guys just doing wonders :)

kypexin - Administrator

2:00 - January 14, 2010

1670 posts

yours_truly writes:

nor should they be dismissed, in the end it was the Americans came up with Zippo, as well as hundreds of other lighters ...))

Petrol lighters in their modern form invented Austrians and Germans, and Americans only pizdanuli their idea and turned it into an icon of the 20th century :)))

slay - Expert

2:07 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

Incidentally yes =) as a bunch of other stuff =) After all, if we recall the history of how to George Blaisdell had the idea to create their own lighters - he's remade Austrian think and actually made her the very legend =)

yours_truly - Moderator

2:09 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

but it's good they pizdanuli them :))))))) is the same Zippo lighters was the prototype of the Austrian, but what the Americans have done with it, which we still crazy about her, spend crazy money (well, not all , of course), create a community, websites, forums! icon blends in 21 :)

yours_truly - Moderator

2:11 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

By the way, there is no even unofficial data, where most Zippo collectors live?

yours_truly - Moderator

2:14 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

Incidentally, we have also decided pizdanut they have the same script and do something like the Soviet, seems to be not bad, but for some reason, many view these lighters makes him laugh, and sometimes even rejection!

slay - Expert

2:14 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

probably all still at home - USA =)

kypexin - Administrator

2:15 - January 14, 2010

1670 posts

slay writes:

probably all still at home - USA =)

And in Japan :)

kypexin - Administrator

2:17 - January 14, 2010

1670 posts

slay writes:

Incidentally yes =) as a bunch of other stuff =) After all, if we recall the history of how to George Blaisdell had the idea to create their own lighters - he's remade Austrian think and actually made her the very legend =)

Legend has it that the Austrian prototype Zippo was something like this:

yours_truly - Moderator

2:17 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

Well, I thought so! U.S. and Japan :)

slay - Expert

2:19 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

understand why the U.S. - because there still produce and therefore easier to collecting. But why so many Japanese collectors? What else is behind this strange addition to the Japanese love to Zippo?

yours_truly - Moderator

2:20 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

she seems to be more similar to Ronson :) no?

slay - Expert

2:23 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

kypexin writes:

Legend has it that the Austrian prototype Zippo was about the

Well this can only guess the characteristic holes in the windshield =)) They do not even think are different from those on the zippo in shape and size and distance =)

kypexin - Administrator

2:23 - January 14, 2010

1670 posts

yours_truly writes:

she seems to be more similar to Ronson :) no?

Finally like no time!

kypexin - Administrator

2:25 - January 14, 2010

1670 posts

slay writes:

understand why the U.S. - because there still produce and therefore easier to collecting. But why so many Japanese collectors? What else is behind this strange addition to the Japanese love to Zippo?

This feature of the Japanese character - bring things up to the point of absurdity exaggerated :) To a great extent this is true of collecting. Ie if so the Japanese something seriously carried away, they will do this, and a great sport and big business :)

slay - Expert

2:27 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

though I must pay tribute to George Blaisdell - it was he who invented a device \ cap opener, which is published by the much-loved and recognizable click! =)

yours_truly - Moderator

2:27 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

Well, maybe not like, now revised form pictures ronsona.odnako Americans gave Zippo genius, of course! because form is important! I am here, to me personally, it was like a square shape, like a Zippo :)

yours_truly - Moderator

2:28 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

kypexin writes:

This feature of the Japanese character - bring things up to the point of absurdity exaggerated :) To a great extent this is true of collecting. Ie if so the Japanese something seriously carried away, they will do this, and a great sport and big business :)

yes, I agree :) if the Japanese come from, what exactly are taken!

yours_truly - Moderator

2:30 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

slay writes:

recognized click! =)

it's true! click Zippo just a plague, I love that sound!

similar situation with phones nokia 8800, this had even suggested at one known site! they have the same individual zapotentovanny signature sound, like Zippo!

yours_truly - Moderator

2:34 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

slay writes:

Well this can only guess the characteristic holes in the windshield =)) They do not even think are different from those on the zippo in shape and size and distance =)

Then George, with his little ingenuity improved design not too successful Austrian prototype, giving the body a rectangular shape and made the cover hinged to a cigarette lighter can be operated with one hand, but otherwise it has remained almost unchanged, even the number of holes in the walls of shelter remains the same .

it is essentially just another form made and attached a cover! proved nothing more needed to come up with ...

slay - Expert

2:39 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

Well apparently yes =) ever since, and make them the same =)

and clicking ... Zippo say objectively not a good lighter (my opinion), but that's what makes it different from all the others - so it click! It is for this and I love it =)) (of course, not only for this) =))

yours_truly - Moderator

2:45 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

Message edited 2:53 - January 14, 2010 by yours_truly

I think, in principle, we can not say what is the best lighter in general, this is, I think, purely personal, subjective thing! Zippo, perhaps the most popular bp gasoline, but it can not be called the best, what of the people, so many opinions!

slay - Expert

2:51 - January 14, 2010

458 posts

agree =) to whom it may seem the best lighters - matches or Kitaika 7 RR =)

yours_truly - Moderator

2:55 - January 14, 2010

1214 posts

yes there that go far-cricket! Collectors can not do it, but purely for practical application in terms of price-quality-perfect, to us almost the whole country enjoys cricket and all happy!

Jock3r - Member

Ukraine, Kiev

1:31 - May 13, 2010

Posts 19

I'm terribly sorry, but no one has yet figured out how to determine the exact amount of wool for stuffing? well or how tightly the score? :)

kypexin - Administrator

1:34 - May 13, 2010

1670 posts

Jock3r writes:

I'm terribly sorry, but no one has yet figured out how to determine the exact amount of wool for stuffing? well or how tightly the score? :)

The eye score. To moderate density. What is there to come up with something else :)

botas - Expert

2:42 - May 13, 2010

530 posts

Message edited 2:43 - May 13, 2010 by botas

Jock3r writes:

And it will come with experience. As anything else. "The feeling lighter," so it would be called. Cluttered up very tightly - will not absorb oil. Too little - Lighter run for one full filling fast. Well, I would have said that: wool should be thick enough, but at the same time a little bit to "breathe" to be soft. So, I suppose.

In an extreme case, if something is wrong with the wool - not terrible. The main hand and a lighter wipe after filling by following the instructions Zippo.

Jock3r - Member

Ukraine, Kiev

12:19 - 13 May 2010

Posts 19

clear, thanks)

gritsaenko - Member

19:03 - November 1, 2010

Posts 30

Nobody tried, I see, and I liked it: cut cotton pads for removing makeup! It is convenient to insert and well kept! True, the first time overdone, put a lot of - insert swollen, barely pulled.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

2 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2418 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))