This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

The sickening picture on the Zippo

Diokhan - Member

15:27 - 26 April 2010

Posts 60

How to strip paint from models of "Matte"? There is a view not sandpaper or a file, but with no impact on the housing may heat or acetic acid will help her get off, or who had no experience of the case?

But here's the problem, I bought a gift lighter, 1996 - Model 367 218sv stoli ohranj. So, it is covered with black paint, filled the stamp so that it is barely visible, just do like a month and present, and on a black background stylized sort of "Russian Vanya", a polka dot shirt, cut under the pot with one hand and holding a glass in the other bubble capital. (Zippo this, with glued red stripe where it says that American children slightly blunt)

Do not like it in the first place virtually no stamp on the bottom, and the picture you see, is not credible. :-)

Help advice please, who knows how to clean off the gift of jokes in my address? 8-)

KIR - Member

Ufa

15:55 - 26 April 2010

Posts 110

You can try to heat the metal, soak in acetone, and so forth, but I would in your place did not spoil a thing))

Do not cave in a changing world, it is better that sag under us ... (c)

kypexin - Administrator

16:16 - 26 April 2010

Posts 1670

Subscribe to the request not to spoil such a beautiful thing, it's even one of the very few successful Zippo with Russian motif, also quite rare. If so offended, return donate or sell :)

Diokhan - Member

16:54 - 26 April 2010

Posts 60

After your thirst comments experiment gone.

It is a gift, and he stays with me, not selling.

It is a pity that no one can see the month: (, and any half-educated person in this plan will say it is a fake! That will be the topic for conversation for another liter of the capital with the massacre 8-)

Vladimir, thank you showed that picture, but then I have nothing to take a picture, just do not make out any way that is written on the bottle. (The options are many but one meaning naernyaka) :-)

kypexin - Administrator

17:05 - 26 April 2010

Posts 1670

It says, "Stolichnaya Orange Flavored Russian Vodka".

In the same series was even with Raspberry Bear:

Diokhan - Member

17:23 - 26 April 2010

Posts 60

Nah, uppercase font! How true macro, sfotkayu required! And we will analyze what-was there for krokozyabra :)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:11 - 26 April 2010

Posts 1860

If I am not mistaken, the priest in his native typewriter 1996 birth and was dyed, and the numbers and the symbol "Trademark protection" poured paint nesschadno as on Chinese artefacts)) Really barter it for something more vootvetvstvuyuschee your temperament and presentation of perfect for collectors))

KIR - Member

Ufa

22:42 - 26 April 2010

Posts 110

That's why I vosderzhivayus from the purchase of this vintage lighters. Today's technology has reached a new level. I think that Zippo released today on the characteristics many times the Zippo released in 1996 and earlier. Other alloys, strength coatings. I am sure that Zippo descended from the assembly line in 2010 after 40 years will light up and the look much better than the Zippo 1970 today.

Do not cave in a changing world, it is better that sag under us ... (c)

Diokhan - Member

0:39 - 27 April 2010

Posts 60

Gorynych5 - about my temperament is difficult to judge, and even those "gatherings" of collectors, we have them here as a witches' sabbath collected. In general thanks for the feedback colleagues, this modelc so I really looked closely, for its originality so :-)

I agree with you KIR, but it is much nicer to come to the museum and look at the original paintings created hundreds of years ago than on their copies.

Guys, I do not close this topic!

How to strip paint from models of "Matte"? (No damage to the hull)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:00 - 27 April 2010

Posts 1860

I would not have it ripped off, the output will get dirty yellow body color in nasty divorces, better switch to someone ...

kypexin - Administrator

19:16 - 27 April 2010

Posts 1670

Diokhan writes:

How to strip paint from models of "Matte"? (No damage to the hull)

Try different solvents or household chemicals, such as Cillit bang and his ilk. Just be careful with your hands :)

botas - Expert

0:56 - 29 April 2010

530 posts

Message Edit 1:04 - April 29, 2010 user botas

Diokhan, about the stripping of the matte will not say anything, but this lighter black just super :) In the spirit of the poster early to mid-80s. Time that is gone forever. No way anything to do with it! :)

Ratt1e - Member

St. Petersburg

16:00 - 19 June 2010

Posts 19

IMHO super picture, I'd bought myself a heart beat))

Russian theme, after all)

Still used with Khokhloma find such prices would not)

Diokhan - Member

20:05 - 11 July 2010

Posts 60

Left alone so RARE model ;-) / I recently bought on sale at the painted parts, soaked in atsitone at 4:00 and tore Nocht paint, polish chrome voila! :-) Very much looks great, and since I have such a body already exists, the blood from his nose out of it would be desirable to create one solid brass. ))

Please tell me how to cope with chrome like the first situation? 8-)

Thanks in advance!

(I tried already - to heat the body is red and cool quickly, so a few times, did not help)

Acids, yet not at hand ...

kypexin - Administrator

20:09 - 11 July 2010

Posts 1670

Well, you're hot experimenter :)))

Suggest to go and buy a brushed brass and torment neschasnuyu Zippo :)))

Diokhan - Member

22:57 - 11 July 2010

Posts 60

I just like no covers - pure copper or brass or ..., but just do want one of each "class" :-) Well, it's only sweet dreams while-that. On the chrome is allergic to something so gives the Chinese, such as tires Soviet machine "smell a low profile." In general it is necessary to remove plaque from the narrow-eyed good thing :-)

Ratt1e - Member

St. Petersburg

21:57 - 12 July 2010

Posts 19

Message edited 21:58 - July 12, 2010 user Ratt1e

I think this might be a good idea to sell at auction, for a rare and symbolic, and then buy a regular without a pattern, and in a toga would have stayed in the black :)

slay - Expert

9:39 - July 13, 2010

458 posts

if so you want "dokapatsya" to the brass will have to sweat it, because finish is very persistent. But if what you really want, then it certainly will achieve)

ps ~ Use nazhdachku suggest different calibers, you can certainly chemically (look in the internet) but it is unlikely that your house chemical laboratory. No other options. Or drag the pockets with meolchyu within 40-50 years or so))

evenk - Expert

Moscow region

13:23 - 13 July 2010

391 posts

slay writes:

Or drag the pockets with meolchyu within 40-50 years or so))

That's it, it is most true ... :)))

Diokhan - Member

17:25 - 13 July 2010

Posts 60

Tried sandpaper, but they do not tear off a layer of chromium pokotsali not die, even if then polished to a high gloss look is not all that well, in general the past stage. And about 40-50 years old wearing ... hmm, will create one, I hope I live so much ;-)

slay - Expert

18:00 - 13 July 2010

458 posts

Well, you can leave a stamp chrome)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

19:51 - 13 July 2010

Posts 1860

To be honest, I do not understand this pioneer enthusiasm)) Haha something kurochit and artificially age? Need a veteran? Duc is not easy to buy at auction? I think Volodya did not refuse to help if problems with foreign languages)) Cost chewed and ragged machine is a penny .. Why all this alchemy?

Diokhan - Member

21:19 - 13 July 2010

Posts 60

This is not about to wear out, and that to remove the chrome. Cam process is interesting to dig deeper, and then went out and bought, no creativity. It is necessary handles, handles ;-) childhood toys made themselves, and assorted purchased by vintiku order to learn how it works))

slay - Expert

23:06 - 13 July 2010

458 posts

Diokhan writes:

This is not about to wear out, and that to remove the chrome. Cam process is interesting to dig deeper, and then went out and bought, no creativity. It is necessary handles, handles ;-) childhood toys made themselves, and assorted purchased by vintiku order to learn how it works))

yes yes yes)) then the truth is not always able to collect or extra parts remain)))

NespljU - Member

0:05 - August 22, 2010

Posts 17

Exist for such purposes, polishing felt circles and paste goy really need more powerful electric motor. Everyone had a peel, attach you a little work.
After polishing remain bare brass, which is just after a week of use will get a nasty dark, covered with stains and spots, color. This oxidized brass because of fat fingers.
It is much better to be covered with a special varnish, though I can not say how (but there are clear), it is better to take an interest in this topic among professionals.
Grinding will take from 4 to 12 hours, depending on the power of the electric motor, and not too lazy to get a paste goy, no not the case will drag on for much Dolní term ...

Diokhan - Member

17:54 - 24 August 2010

Posts 60

It's all very informative but I've tried it, and die? it also raze to the ground? (Do not be lazy to read carefully all the answers)

faust - Maniac

Moscow

11:42 - 5 April 2011

674 posts

Royce vperd!

kypexin - Administrator

12:08 - 5 April 2011

Posts 1670

oniks1 writes:

Another disappointment - "Limited specifically for the Russian party" -

http://shop-zippo.ru/catalog/35/583/

/ As reference can operate a limited time - save picture / -

Well fucked up! (((

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:35 - 5 April 2011

Posts 1860

What a dirty trick. "Especially for Russia." So as not to be expressed, tell Wani Ohlobystina words: "Hippie uncivilized!"

Hartman - Expert

9:23 - 6 April 2011

Posts 199

oniks1 writes:

Another disappointment - "Limited specifically for the Russian party" -

http://shop-zippo.ru/catalog/35/583/

/ As reference can operate a limited time - save picture / -

Yeah, shit. "For the first time in the world, is unique, superior to all, the breakthrough of Soviet scientists invented 50 years Naz in the U.S." ...

All limited and "hurrying pho Rush" of this product - a price tag. For a sunny day market outside Rashi in his home country, this lighter is worth a maximum of $ 12, and in bad weather and sell - as much as 9. And azhiatoazhnogo demand as it is not observed.

But what's funny for kraut this lighter sold just over 37 oyro - that almost Russian price. And, perhaps, Kraut also rubbed sellers about the fact that this "Limited nemetskaya series!"

Psja krew, in general.

Threat. But this lighter would cost award after successful completion of the mission "dezigneyted shakes" .. :) As a reminder. Or as compensation for otstegnuvshuyusya liver. Or instead of brains.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

11 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3515 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))