Forum about Zippo (ARCHIVE)

This forum is now closed - read-only
To post a message, log in Entrance

Search
Search the forums:

To learn how to turn the mat in brass or alchemy in the kitchen.

Riotous Spinach - Member

21:10 - 17 January 2011

Posts 7

Message edited 22:48 - January 17, 2011 by Riotous Spinach

It was getting dark. Lay it on the table and looked at me wearily. She was still quite young, inexperienced. But she got seasoned adventurer with restless hands ...

Sorry, got distracted =)

In general, a birthday gave me a Zippo. Yes, that's bad luck. Darilschik asked the black ice, and brought to the states of black mat. Come to a black mat, and then x 218ZB ...

And I would not say that I did not like the design with a red stripe in the style grid Golf GTI, just does not give this mat feeling that holding a real zippo.

In short! It was decided ... And after received, I decided to remove the paint, tear off, delete and exterminate. Bought at a stall nail polish remover cheapest, took a martini glass, put it keysik, covered saucer and leave to infuse. Stars on the label is not a lot came running ... An hour and a half went to take action. Extremely reluctant to strip off the infection. Really thick layer. Liquid paint softened somewhat, and I managed to tear off a cap of lipstick decent coat of paint. Left to lie still for half an hour. Mitol appeared. Ostap eyes lit up ... Anyway, after an hour innuendo using the above cap, and later, and a sharp knife in his hands was scratched izryad brass. Grabbing a piece of emery nazhdachki average, began to polish. Gloss sighted pretty quickly.

So. What we are ... well, that is, I'm up :). It is still decent, in my opinion brushed brass.

I look forward to your comments :)

And one more thing ... Do not be afraid to experiment ;)

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

21:32 - 17 January 2011

Posts 1860

Photos of the studio. I would like to get acquainted with the creation of))

Riotous Spinach - Member

22:06 - 17 January 2011

Posts 7

A photo can not be seen? Damn ... Now think of something.

oniks1 - Maniac

Moscow

22:46 - 17 January 2011

Posts 1323

I like it even better ... The lighter was :) Just wanted to add - "Saw, Shura, saw it ... Gold!" ... :)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

22:46 - 17 January 2011

Posts 1860

On the face clear)) A polished sides? Or is it all "brushed"?

PS: Comparison of the original product with the GTi-istoy version Sock impressed. Revised his views on this in general, then unsightly Dyeing model))))

Riotous Spinach - Member

23:12 - 17 January 2011

Posts 7

Ha! Thank you, comrades :)

Gorynych5, no, not yet polished, but the idea is to make it high polish brass, though not sure. It will be too pretentious in my opinion.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:21 - 17 January 2011

Posts 1860

The whole point is not zalapyvatsya, and then it's still darken just the sides and top of the polish and all. Work for two hours if shkurit hands, need water, skins P500 and P2000, and of the final chord paste Goi

Riotous Spinach - Member

23:38 - 17 January 2011

Posts 7

Gorynych5, that's just such a plan of action and crept into my Golovenki, but do not know if I want to do it. Maybe someday :)

ForZe - Member

1:35 - January 18, 2011

Posts 93

Message Edit 1:37 - January 18, 2011 by ForZe

While finished reading, I almost shed a tear ... And I dream to buy vparil contrary to his Ring of Fire, that's just such a 218ZB. And it's so cruel to her cost.

ZY So say you paint on it sturdy? Och well. I was just worried about this issue.

Riotous Spinach - Member

1:39 - January 18, 2011

Posts 7

ForZe, yes. Paint - flint! Powder. As for brake calipers Porsche ;) No, really. Very hard scrubbing. Chemistry has helped only a little.

h1k0 - Guest

19:50 - 18 January 2011

a drill in such cases is very helpful)

also made from the same friend, only the paint dry with a clean, and made a mirror)

Truckdriver - Expert

19:56 - 18 January 2011

Posts 206

And I love the matte and pleasant touch. But without the red stripes :)))

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

20:15 - 18 January 2011

Posts 1860

To the touch, yes, good in the hand and sit tight. The other day, decided to clean out his line and so tucked usual. I did not expect that it will seem so slippery due to the rounded sides, half a day to get used)))

faust - Maniac

Moscow

21:29 - 18 January 2011

674 posts

h1k0 writes:

a drill in such cases is very helpful)

also made from the same friend, only the paint dry with a clean, and made a mirror)

of course! especially since they are in almost every home stand. a piece of cake.

h1k0 - Guest

22:57 - 18 January 2011

cost? UTB setting?)

not the same tooth, and the usual small) costs about 1000, those who do such things you can buy)

faust - Maniac

Moscow

0:28 - January 19, 2011

674 posts

h1k0 writes:

cost? UTB setting?)

not the same tooth, and the usual small) costs about 1000, those who do such things you can buy)

and! and I'm really scared :)

botas - Expert

14:55 - 19 January 2011

530 posts

Riotous Spinach writes:

Message edited 22:48 - January 17, 2011 by Riotous Spinach

And I would not say that I did not like the design with a red stripe in the style grid Golf GTI, just does not give this mat feeling that holding a real zippo.

About the grid just noticed :) Brave eskperiment ... Or maybe the dream of the alchemists of the Middle Ages, and it has become the gold? ;))

ForZe - Member

17:09 - 19 January 2011

Posts 93

In general, as far as I know, brass quickly oxidizes and darkens.

Riotous Spinach - Member

17:43 - 19 January 2011

Posts 7

Message Edit 1:58 - January 20, 2011 by Riotous Spinach

ForZe, so I was wondering what it would oxidize quickly, that was vintage, but then decided that it should happen in a natural way, so that karma is clean. :)

h1k0 likely meant not a drill, a Dremel. But the meaning of your words is clear :) If you polish up my mind, it might will use Dremel with a felt wheel.

bull23 - New member

Minsk. Belarus.

0:14 - January 20, 2011

Posts 1

I liked it. And the Zippo, and a description of the process.

I love Zippo.

ForZe - Member

12:45 - 20 January 2011

Posts 93

Message edited 12:47 - January 20, 2011 by ForZe

Riotous Spinach writes:

Message Edit 1:58 - January 20, 2011 by Riotous Spinach

ForZe, so I was wondering what it would oxidize quickly, that was vintage, but then decided that it should happen in a natural way, so that karma is clean. :)

This will help you in the banal electrolysis. I'm so his "Chinese" zavintazhil ... The impression was that he was 200 years old. I only wish that I was trying to do the opposite zinc coating, but the + and - sometimes confused ...

Another good "vintage" ferric chloride and copper sulphate.

ZY In general, the methods of his lighter muck heap) But I prefer brand new and straight from the tin, so I purged my lighter once every 2 weeks :)

Riotous Spinach - Member

12:58 - 20 January 2011

Posts 7

ForZe, oh! Thank you! A pile of food for thought :)

Truckdriver - Expert

16:13 - 21 January 2011

Posts 206

Here found an interesting resource for chemists - fans. Experiment on health, and upload pictures of your modified Zipp.

Encyclopedia of technologies and techniques

danil112233 - Member

18:20 - February 1, 2011

Posts 63

I did that too, but my cover street chrome, it is easier to rub tolbko nazhdachkoy and all, I did it because of the large pile of scratches, rubbed, popaleroval GOI and you new, why?, The way I have brass in a few days is not so bright already was darkened, or how-to turn green, and you, too, was it?, palerovat And if you want, then it is better to lap, and then his hands for a long time and if tyazhko.A with inserts so well done, what do you think happens?, I think not.

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

1 Guest

Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

3378 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Contributors:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 Messages (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 Messages (s)), Zvonkoff (951 Messages (s))