Forum about Zippo (ARCHIVE)

This forum is now closed - read-only
To leave a message, just log Input

Search
Search in forums:

Zippo changed the terms of the warranty on their lighters?

botas - Expert

22:36 - 14 December 2011

530 posts

Message edited 2:05 - December 15, 2011 by botas

Came across here on the news (not very fresh, though, August 29, 2011):
http://www.zippo.ru/news/id-37/

"News

29/08/2011 - Cancellation of the guarantee at isppolzovanii substandard fuel.

Due to the increasing incidence of breakdowns Zippo lighters because of the use of low-quality fuel, the company ZIPPO warns that product warranty is voided by the use of fuel other than fuel brand Zippo. Be careful when buying! Original Zippo fuel can be bought, for example, the official online store. "

I immediately lost the peace and questions:

1) The owner must Zippo lighters, chtol, collect and store all the banks of the spent fuel to a problem situation to prove that it rained there was zippovsky gasoline?

2) If I add fuel Ronsonol the lighter, I get a cancellation? Zippo.ru on "Original fuel" refers only Zippo'vskoe fuel, but that is already owned by formally Ronson Zippo?

That's it ... It seems that the end of the famous Zippo lifetime guarantee on lighters come, comrades. Nobody insertiki for free will not change. Apparently the global crisis ...

asdfghj - Member

22:51 - 14 December 2011

Posts 25

Message edited 22:52 - December 14, 2011 by asdfghj

Oh, nonsense. a formality, no one in real life will not check. Well, you will fall off cover 10 years, well, for example .... Solder the new one and that's that! )

botas - Expert

22:55 - 14 December 2011

530 posts

Message edited 23:35 - December 14, 2011 by botas

If this "formality", then for whom? It would not be the same Korolus announce changes warranty and himself in their repair facilities do not comply with it. And in this case we are not talking about loose lid, and killed some of the wool and diesel fuel, as a result, no lighter ignite.

asdfghj - Member

22:57 - 14 December 2011

Posts 25

Message edited 23:01 - December 14, 2011 by asdfghj

Well maybe for those whom it may scare. there are also trusting people. Special formalists can fill benzo Zippo before sending in the warranty))) and wool or wick krmny ... you can change the home.

botas - Expert

23:12 - 14 December 2011

530 posts

Message edited 23:22 - December 14, 2011 by botas

And there's something about the kind of silence "warning of Zippo" relatively void the warranty:

http://www.zippo.com/customerc ..... pairs.aspx

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:25 - 14 December 2011

1860 posts

IMHO, the next advertising campaign, from the series: Buy our elephants ... Purely advertising fuels. Although the tradition of lifetime warranty and other "wild west" seems to really come to an end.

kypexin - Administrator

23:27 - 14 December 2011

1670 posts

I have to say. Read this news for a long time, he was amazed.

Preamble. It here, as I understand it, is only about petrol lighters, because the nearest warranty service gas Zippo BLU on Russia and the CIS countries is still in Germany, and plus - zippovsky gas to Russia is not officially available. So Zippo BLU anyway in case the need to send for repair in Europe.

My opinion about this news. This rule is from the beginning to the end of a complete amateur Russian Mission Zippo, and here's why. I once asked fellow collectors from around the world, are there any rules in their distributors Zippo. It turned out that nowhere in the world there is no such rule, and old George Blaisdell probably has not risen from the grave to get here and so to change the rules and lifetime warranty Zippo.

Maybe some Russian distributor endowed with special rights in this respect - I do not know. But for example during World Zippo refueled with gasoline from fuel tanks tanks - and nothing, these lighters too while guarantees are not lost.

Yes, plus another legal aspect: if you brought in warranty lighter, and you refuse to repair, referring to the fact that you say it ran the wrong fuel - in fact prove that service is still not equal in any way. So lifetime warranty ZIPPO has not been canceled.

In general, it is not working normally. I advise you do not get to the head.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:40 - 14 December 2011

1860 posts

Volodya, but particularly in the head and no one takes, for as you have rightly said to prove the fact of using the wrong fuel is more expensive than replacing the insert. Good to hear that this is another gag Russian Mission (reminiscent of "Goblin" transfer lifetime warranty, which all over the world free, and in Russia was "only a dollar).

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:45 - 14 December 2011

1860 posts

With fuel exact same garbage, like the annotations were written, that the use of fuel, flints and fiteley party does not guarantee uptime products, which means: off - the fool! and not the denial of guarantee in case of breakage. We as always moved on its own)))

kypexin - Administrator

23:48 - 14 December 2011

1670 posts

Gorynych5 writes:

Volodya, but particularly in the head and no one takes, for as you have rightly said to prove the fact of using the wrong fuel is more expensive than replacing the insert. Good to hear that this is another gag Russian Mission (reminiscent of "Goblin" transfer lifetime warranty, which all over the world free, and in Russia was "only a dollar).

Well, in the original translation was "one cent" and is a very famous blunder. And as for "never mind" is like saying, I have a lot of people have been asking in recent months about the news. So thank Botas, which raised the issue.

botas - Expert

23:53 - 14 December 2011

530 posts

Message edited 23:57 - December 14, 2011 by botas

kypexin writes:

In general, it is not working normally. I advise you do not get to the head.

That's how it ... Thank you, Vladimir, reassured. Although "precipitate remained" (c) ... define "non-kosher" Zippe fuel can, but that's spectrograph needed.

Gorynych5 - Maniac

Moscow

23:57 - 14 December 2011

1860 posts

kypexin writes:

Gorynych5 writes:

Well, in the original translation was "one cent" and is a very famous blunder. And as for "never mind" is like saying, I have a lot of people have been asking in recent months about the news. So thank Botas, which raised the issue.

Exactly! One cent! A topic, yes. Just picked it up, then the problem exists. Once it exists, it is necessary to set the record straight E :-)

wgoose - Member

Peter

18:24 - January 7, 2012

Posts 17

Hmm ...

In the case of mechanical damage lighters (damage to the body, cover, hinges, etc.), send a lighter in a single European repair center lighters Zippo:
Zippo European Repair Clinic. Groendahlscher Weg 87, D-46446 Emmerich am Rhei,

http://www.zippo.ru/guarantee/service/

Pavilno I realized that a full guarantee as such does not have?

God is with us, and two machine guns ...

kypexin - Administrator

18:32 - January 7, 2012

1670 posts

I think that, again, is an initiative of the distributor (and perhaps it is their legal right.) Itself zippovskaya warranty is still there. But apparently, except for replacement inserts, in the Moscow service center more than anything will help. Before even loop soldered new ...

Search

About the forum ZippoCollector.ru.

Most Users Ever Online:

Online:

2 guests

Stats:

Groups: 3

Stats: 9

Topics: 493

Members:

2987 participants

155 guests

1 administrator

3 moderators

Top Posters:

Gorynych5 - 1860

oniks1 - 1323

Golden-Joker - 856

shturman1998 - 791

faust - 674

botas - 530

Administrators: kypexin (1670 message (s))

Moderators: Voronov (32 message (s)), yours_truly (1214 message (s)), Zvonkoff (951 message (s))